Threeonthetree's V8 Belmont

Threeonthetree

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its probably going to look better in the original colour, its not quite a hideous as it looks in the pic, a bit more yellow.

And since this thing is an ex police car, the colour it came in would make it worth more right? Imagine it, 253, three on the tree, and all original.

• Like 2

I think its probably going to look better in the original colour, its not quite a hideous as it looks in the pic, a bit more yellow.

And since this thing is an ex police car, the colour it came in would make it worth more right? Imagine it, 253, three on the tree, and all original.

So it was originally black and white

• Like 1

No apparently it was never painted, so detective or undercover, or something like that I guess, I have no idea what NZ had in the 70's

In the UK it could have been detective, undercover, or diplomatic protection or RPS.(although they are usually modified in some way!)

• Like 1

Looked at the gold paint, wondered if that was the colour you were going to paint it and thought that it looks better as is. Then I read that it was going mustard, which I reckon is my favourite HQ colour. I fell in love with this beauty at beach hop a couple of years back, which in my eyes is perfect:

20130324-IMG_9829.jpg

20130324-IMG_9814.jpg

Yours will look even better with a four character number plate though!

• Like 2

It's just a Belmont mate, unless he puts some door lamps on it and Kingswood badges it won't be worth a tin of shit mayte.

Aussie mayte.

Trimatic

Premier.

There's your money maker.

Looks like the tin of shit just went up in value:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/holden/auction-895029962.htm

He wants $14-15K and trust me he'll get it.

• Like 1

So it was originally black and white

Not quite.

The Ministry of Transport (MoT) patrol and pursuit cars were painted black and white.

This car was ordered by the New Zealand Police and was used as a Sargeant's car while in service. It remained the factory colour and was 253 V8 and three speed manual.

It was pretty much an NZ Police company car, rather than being used on the beat but would have undoubtedly seen some action when backing up fellow cops and during raids etc.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Finally!! some progress..

So what did the paint job set you back? I'm still contemplating painting mine myself or getting someone to do it & the best cost I got so far is $3-3500 and that's with me supplying the paint.

$1000 all up and it will go in for touch ups after re-assembly.

• Like 2