• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Nice informative build, interesting some of the random wee facts.

Should be a nice period cruiser, also bench seats are always fun! Looks to be in pretty tidy shape, have seen far far more rotten examples!

Nice informative build, interesting some of the random wee facts.

Should be a nice period cruiser, also bench seats are always fun! Looks to be in pretty tidy shape, have seen far far more rotten examples!

Thankyou.

I'm trying to put as much information as I can. Sometimes it's a bit hard to keep things interesting but it's good to know that people aren't just skipping past the walls of text.

Period cruiser sounds like exactly what I'm going for.

The rust is manageable. It always seemed quite extensive to me when I first brought her home.

But having seen countless other examples since then, I realise that it really is one of the better ones. Perspective sure helps.

Somebody has had a crack at doing the floor but I'm not too happy with their workmanship.

So I'll do it again.

Nice project HG there. Looks like you are doing well on the parts collecting. I've got the family HG Kingy sedan and bought a rust bucket a few years back for parts. Haven't used much yet, except the engine. I needed a new glovebox catch a couple of weeks back so managed to find the spare lid in the shed, which was handy.

holdenwreck..jpg

Nice build thread!, the acclerator setup sounds like the impala factory accelerator setup lol

Holden would have 'borrowed' many parts and ideas from their big Brother.

I saw a 292 Chevrolet straight six once. The Holden red six cylinder is pretty much an exact copy, just scaled down.

I remember finding the pedal in the glovebox and holding it in my hand while my head turned from the floor, to the pedal, back to the floor and then back to the pedal. Confused me pretty badly until I realised what was going on hahaha.

Nice project HG there. Looks like you are doing well on the parts collecting. I've got the family HG Kingy sedan and bought a rust bucket a few years back for parts. Haven't used much yet, except the engine. I needed a new glovebox catch a couple of weeks back so managed to find the spare lid in the shed, which was handy.

Great isn't it? Not having to worry because you know you've got one tucked in the shed.

I've been a bit silly though. Currently I have two windscreens and a full set of wagon glass under my bed...

Me likey this car. Reminds me of Hannah's FD Victor wag she had in the UK..

ac2966fefd112644febc8632673cf456_zps139f

d27399a644652bd57aa677dcbdc1c739_zpsf22c

I like your informative writing style. Makes for much more interesting reading than "got this car.. Here's some photos"

bench seats rule. Glad you're keeping that.

Me likey this car. Reminds me of Hannah's FD Victor wag she had in the UK..

ac2966fefd112644febc8632673cf456_zps139f

d27399a644652bd57aa677dcbdc1c739_zpsf22c

I like your informative writing style. Makes for much more interesting reading than "got this car.. Here's some photos"

bench seats rule. Glad you're keeping that.

That is one of my favourite wagons! ^^^^ Had to quote the photos.

Love the kick in the hipline above the rear wheel.

There was one on trademe recently and I probably wasted about an hour or so over the course of a week  going through the auction photos and trying to justify buying it. 

Thanks for the compliment. I've read through plenty of build threads and I've always preferred the informative story type ones. My favourite would have to be your Housetruck build thread. Now that's a build you could sit down and read from start to finish!