RT84 12a Corona project discuss

Guest Corona_man

Guest kiwi808

Cool build thread mate and I love that your saving an old 'rona and I highly approve of youe engine choice. I love rotary toyotas. And I love 12a's

And here at 'oldschool we don't post in build threads so they don't get spammed up.

Guest kiwi808

Also are you going to build a sleeper or go for a full panel and paint? This would be pretty awesome running widened steel wheels (with the hubcaps and whitewalls) and faded paint but sporting the 12a!

Guest Corona_man

I was looking at restoring it original but I want a mint cruiser and mabey a few shows. I think I'm going to go full panel and paint. I'm thinking gloss black and lowered on some mint mangel modgies

Guest 77magnum13hundy

those mounts look good but you are going to run a big washer on where the bolt sits right? just checking... will be mint runner with a tidy up.

Guest Corona_man

Yeh, I'll put a washer on the bolt side and the nut side. Someone else on here had the same mounts but had problems with the cert guy,saying they were solid mounted because the bolt goes right through them.

Guest Fliboi

i think you cant cert them with a bolt right thought, ask b4aver

also dont put modgies on it :( these cars deserve something proper.

trawl yahoo japan auctions for some cool 13/14" rims and if you dont get crazy with the width, they wont set you back more than 500/600 bucks to your door.

• Like 1

Guest Corona_man

I was looking a wee bit into that ae. Have you thought of working the 18r ? Mabey abit of head work,higher compression,better cam? I reckon you could make the, a quite zippy motor

Guest Fliboi

ive got my thread, see my signature. i just haven't done anything to the car for ages/ built the turbo charade and the honda cb

but yes expect to see it very soon

just as soon as i

fix the clutch on my dads mr2

paint my sisters starlet

build my brothers suzuki a50

*sigh*

Guest yoeddynz

Another cool build. Quite narrow in that bay. Do you have much room left for exhaust?

Please please please don't put wheels bigger than 13-14" on this.

Guest Corona_man

Haha na I'm not going to put ugly 17" wheels on like a lot of people do. Yeh Iv had to make a few mods the the headers coming off the b.ock. Very very tight down near the exhaust, because the steering box and bell housing are close together. Iv had to make a sharp bend coming off the block, hopefully it won't chock the motor to much.

It's good to have people commenting on my build

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mccrazy13

What's up dude love your build!!

I've done same conversion on 69 RT40 but 13B.

RT80 and 40 run pretty much the same set up check out my thread it might help you out with your build.

I'll be watching your build, always interesting to how other people tackle similar conversions.

I have loads of photos from my build also if you wana see anything more from my build let me know and I'll post them up.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...