AndyGals two wheeled pine.

AndyGal

Back to my OG scoot, Bubblejews turned my slap on expansion chamber into something that actually worked and made a big difference.

292044_10151210689709789_215047331_n.jpg

Also around this time the piston got broken by mistake when the engine was apart, so I got a new over sized piston and ring, and Cheerio's lathed 1mm off my bore to up the compression. 

e

2012-01-27212258.jpg

After that I just rode the shit out of it for a couple of years until the latest round of mods. We have ridden to the west coast, done a 350km round trip with 70ks of gravel etc. Shes mostly been very reliable. I must have clocked up a few thousand ks by now.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seized on my a few months ago because I changed the front end and throttle and didn't hook up the oil pump up around the right way.

I have converted the front end to an Rd50 telescopic front end. Handling is much firmer around corners now with no slop in the front suspension.

I cut the front springs to lower it a bit more and changed the front end from disk back to my drum front. With the big caliper and monster brake reservoir  sitting on my small bars it looked no good. 

I got an old push bike headlight and fitted my LED conversion into it.

2013-10-04220752.jpg

We also decided to make a new chamber to go with the now 1.5mm oversize piston. (54cc's now mother fuckers)

Bubblejews worded out the dimensions, I drew them out on sheet metal and rolled and tacked the cones together. Surfab welded it up nicely and shes a screamer now.

2013-06-21203652.jpg

Oh I also got rid of the hard tail a year or so ago and are using modern scooter front shocks with cut springs and cut down bump stops.

I got this suzuki a50 from an old boy and now it runs Dunedins streets piloted by Zeabadiah.

2012-12-01200915.jpg

The only bike I don't have a photo of is a standard  Honda Cb50 I bought not running and put a new piston in then sold on.

Another push bike I currently own is this old beast, approximately 100 years old, with a sweet major taylor stem, back pedal brake, 28 inch wheels and a circumcising old  brooks saddle. I got the frame and stem from Valiant, wheels from Chumley. Shes goes good!

2012-07-13195822.jpg

It runs mustache bars and used bandages for grips.

2012-07-13201047.jpg

• Like 1

This scooter is one my Dad and I built up. Its a modern 100cc 2 stroke that has been lengthened slammed and has a wild expansion chamber ( not shown in this photo) Il get some more photos next time Im at the old mans. Quite fun to ride goes pretty hard for a scooter.

Cheerios is my old man.

2012-12-09124403.jpg

And finally for tonight this is the latest project.

A tru test styled mini bike with a Kirby lawn mower engine. Goes pretty good once it gets up to idle which is about 30ks.Top speed about 50ks. Direct drive and nice and dangerous. Got some sweet plans to restore it for the smash palace motorcycle show. Watch this space.

2013-10-01121616.jpg

• Like 3

Stripped it down and primed the frame.

2013-10-08182141.jpg

Got some paint on. Just used cans but it looks pretty good.

2013-10-08191518.jpg

Lewis trimmed me up a seat using the original pan. Much more low profile with some sweet bratstyle flutes. So stoked with it!!

2013-10-09192723.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...