spiderwebfx's '85 Silvia S12

spiderwebfx

• 3 weeks later...

I love S12s, and yours is coming along fantastically! Shame about the engine, but at least all the fiddly bits of the conversion are done and you just need to swap lumps. Time for a DET? ;)

Can't afford a DET :(

Once I've got the car going and legal I plan to slowly build up a VE motor to drop into it.  For now, I've priced up some mains and big end bearings, so I'll try pull the sump off it while it's in there, and hope it's the big end bearings and do them.  $48 from Repco.

If it's the mains, i'll probably stick with dropping another motor in.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's not as bad as that photo makes it look.  When it's on the ground the axle pivots forward and the spring goes straight towards where it sits on the chassis.  

The problem I've got (because I'm trying to put in the factory bush) is because the center of the factory bush is offset to the center of where the spring sits on the chassis now. (Does that make sense)  So to put the bush in, I've gotta put something in to move where the spring sits against it.

• Like 1