spiderwebfx's '85 Silvia S12

spiderwebfx

Sweet work boots

my first thoughts too lol.

looks like it coming along well.

be interested to learn a bit more about your S14 rack conversion. i replaced my S12 one, but the ratios arent that great.

keen toi see it in the flesh someday.

my first thoughts too lol.

looks like it coming along well.

be interested to learn a bit more about your S14 rack conversion. i replaced my S12 one, but the ratios arent that great.

keen toi see it in the flesh someday.

It was pretty easy. Just getting the spline shaft made up was the only thing. Cost a few $$$ to get done. (I don't know exact amount as it was done with a heap of other stuff.) Just getting the tie rod's sorted was the biggest problem.

One day!! Haha, gotta get it running first.

Ahhhh, kids aye. You'll have a money drain for a while yet then. Best to just gift the S12 to me...

Haha, I doubt this'll happen. :P If it comes down to it and I can't do anything to it for a while, I'd chuck it in a storage shed. In saying that, a lot of the stuff I still need to do is stuff that I'm just too lazy to do and that'd cost me bugger all. Like making a gearbox crossmember. Would probably be quite easy except I haven't got my ass around to doing it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

An MR2 normally has the battery in the front and engine in the back.

So I used the battery lead from one of those to relocate mine.

Although mainly because I had an MR2 sitting there, using some welding cable is a better plan!

And just take the cable to an electrician or whatever to get the ends crimped on.

There should be a few 'how to's on the web somewhere.

Yeah, I'll need to at the very least run the cable from the engine bay to the boot shortly.  I've got all the carpet out so I may as well put the cable in before I put the carpet back.  Repco have some cable there, I think it's either 0 or 2 gauge? Does that sound right/sufficient enough?

I've been through a few how to's, the problem is I haven't got the engine loom on the motor yet, so without physically comparing it, it's confusing for me.