Flibois CB50 turn AX100 brat

BlownCorona

Guest Fliboi

i could follow him home one day. work would be alot more pleasant without the decrepid old fuck

i also bought new sprokets and chain, since mine are pretty toast and needed the gearing returned to factory anyway. coming from the UK but should make it ALOT nice to cruise on. just hoping acceleration doesnt suffer too much.

• Like 1

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fliboi

took this out on another big QCR ride today, for the most part it ran great.

though when it came to some hills it really slugged right down and got pretty smokey, and after all that was a bit harder to start. im thinking it needs some form of seat replaced, either valve stem seal or pistion/rings. thoughts?

it was very slow uphill, when it should fly being a 5 speed, AND having it geared down way too low.

• Like 1

Guest anglia4

im thinking it needs some form of seat replaced, either valve stem seal or pistion/rings. thoughts?

picking you mean valve seat?

as far as my limited knowledge goes, valve stem seals would make it smokey but not let the compressions escape. (although it might help fouling your plugs and hence making it hard to start)

Start with a leak down test maybe? let you know the state of the rings/valves & seats

Guest Fliboi

i meant seal,

surely somthing is letting the oil in to burn, ive got a compression tester so ill start with that and see what happens, though i dont really know how to use it

Guest Rookie

Valve stem seals will make it smoke on the overrun, not when under load. I would go with rings, Maybe you could make it a cb60 or even a cb75?

• Like 2

Guest Truenotch

Yeah, sounds like rings. I'm sure a refresh wouldn't go amiss and an extra 10cc makes a huge difference if you can find the right piston.

Guest Fliboi

yup ive seen those, just trying to decide if i want to go down the overbore road, or maybe just build the 50cc into a mint engine and one day bolt in a cb125 engine,

Guest Fliboi

had this turn up today

img20130321181759.jpg

cost about $70 shipped to my door from the UK in under a week, from a shop called Worlds End Motorcycles

www.wemoto.com/

Cant rave about them enough, amazing experience dealing with them.

the stock sproket kit has totally changed the bike, no loss of acceleration, possibly gained accel actually, because i can now hold 1st gear for much longer.

50kmh - 7000rpm

65kmh - 8500rpm

redline at 115000

Awesome.

also my rear tire that matchs the front turned up, looking foward to the morning commute to work tomorow where i wont be bombing moorhouse ave at 10,500rpm!

Guest Fliboi

Cut the muffler down today, hated how long it was, when the rest of the bike had been shortend.

also heat wrapped the down pipe.

Love how it looks now.

img20130323150749.jpg

img20130323150802.jpg

Though its fucking loud now, even with the original baffle, so ill need to look into how i have quieten it down a little since its its my daily thrasher

• Like 1

just wondering if you've investigated pricing for these parts at your local bike shops? last time I bought sprockets for a little Honda it was less than $70. always good to shop local when you can

• Like 2

Guest Born Loser

In my experience in every bike shop in christchurch they are fucking useless! Never interested in making time for old bike parts. Its just not worth the hassle anymore. I buy strictly online now. Even getting tires fitted. Oh no we refuse to fit those tires to those rims. its unsafe. Old boys hate what we do to bikes.

• Like 1

Guest Rookie

That is a stink buzz dude, up here I'm on first name basis with the Local Honda parts guy, I get everything through him, gives me a hearty discount too.

Guest Vintage Grumble

Theres nothing better than a good parts guy. All the parts guys in the chang are shit, if its more than 10 years old, or a road bike, they dont give a fuck, they only care about new MX bikes here.

Guest Fliboi

The only sprocket I could get was the wrong tooth count pricey anyway.

That said. I just ordered some awesome drag bars and old style grips from budget motorcycle spares for less than 50 bucks.

Speaking of tires. My mate had to sign an actual waiver releasing them of liability should he die, to get a fat tire put on his Honda cub rim at casbolts Honda. I lold

• Like 1

Guest Born Loser

Yeah dude i have had numerous wingeing old men over fitting wider tires to c50 wheels. and 2 bike shops refuse to fit my michelins to my cb wheels. God damn you try to support local business aye

Guest jtkp61

In my experience in every bike shop in christchurch they are fucking useless! Never interested in making time for old bike parts. Its just not worth the hassle anymore. I buy strictly online now. Even getting tires fitted. Oh no we refuse to fit those tires to those rims. its unsafe. Old boys hate what we do to bikes.

I had to sign a disclaimer at Casbolts Honda apparently wide tires are illegal and it can come at high speed and harm myself and other road users... lol