Joe's 1976 CB400f

Goat

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found with the counter steer thing you just do it intuitively after riding for a while. something my dumb brain never worked out for itself which i learnt at that learner licence skills thing was to turn your head and look where you wana go when doing a u turn and bike does er thing automatic spec. Iduno about your drum brake plan. Im just getting used to riding a shit old bike with drum brakes, all the previous bikes I've owned/riden properly have had disks. I keep nearly crashing into shit cos brakes don't do anything haha. Its kinda like driving a drum brake mini after you've been driving modern cars. first time you hit the brakes is like OMG ima die. Thing i miss most is having a decent back brake to tap while cornering etc to correct line

• 2 weeks later...

Updaet time!

Bought some stuff last week.

Some stuff from trademe and some goodies from the states.

Trademe stuff = Exhaust wrap, fork seals and carb rebuild kits.

States stuff will be shown when i get it :)

So yea, this afternoon i decided to wrap up a set of factory pipes in heat wrap and fit to the bike.

Original pipes for these are so choice.

So yea, took the original manifold apart to help with wrapping (its way rustier than it looks, hence me wanting to wrap it):

b1awgmof.qmf.jpg

After soaking the heatwrap in water for about 10 mins, i realised that it was so tightly wound in the box that water wasnt actually getting to soak in, so i unraveled it and soaked it again.

After some carefull wrapping, and some stainless zip ties:

3mjsjvpm.1vd.jpg

Came out pretty choice:

gmjriznn.utf.jpg

Existing after market pipes on the bike. Not bad, but not cool either.

gimafijn.0tt.jpg

elvbybbg.rpr.jpg

Look at this goat fitting the freshly wrapped pipes:

tokzmx40.5zw.jpg

Tada:

pqwaq2pl.toe.jpg

ewb1ude0.1se.jpg

pdynudrk.h2t.jpg

Now i just have to decide what to do with the tail pipe use. Want a megaphone of some description.

Off to do some height mockups on the spare bike now to see if i can work out a recipe for ideal slam.

Peace.

yeah, tune by ETs.

can you read power output and add load with a big DC motor and some electromagic stuff?

Big ups for beaver for saving me today.

Battery drained flat as a turd since I last rode it. Kickstarted fine. But ran out of juice 4/5 of the way back to Wellington. And my kick start happened to break. So I was in a bit of a tight spot....

Beaver dropped me back to the bike with my other battery and it burst into life and didn't miss a beat... Until I brushed the choke on and wondered why it was running like a piece of crap! Hah.

Anyway, now I can work on it on weeknights. Yay!!

Got some goodies yesterday. So should hopefully turn up this week.

Need to do another order from the states for some shot shocks and some other bits n bobs so will hopefully do that early feb.

Slowly gathering pieces. Still undecisive what i want to do for a single seat though. There are some cool ones on trademe... Hmm.