cylinders' '82 Hilux beach hauler

cylinders

Had this on my watchlist when it was on Trademe (as im an RN30/40 piner and this had a wellside)

look forward to seeing some progress and welcome to the forum!!

(I also have one of these only a short wheel base version. project thread on here too)

Anyone there with suggestions?

I'm looking for info/advice on a few things; Rims (offset to clear drums on all 4 corners), suspension ugrades (Nolathane, shocks, rear end improvements?)

At the moment I'm cutting out rust to get it on the road, lots of finicky bits like under the windscreen and at the bonnet hinges.

The build will progress in a mostly sensible direction for now (rust, paint, brakes) but once its on road i want to do more, so I will start stockpiling now.

Thanks guys!

That's fuckin awesome! I'm tossing up the tray option too, I've got a wellside that matches the cab but it's very fuckin fucked as it's been under a layer of soggy ply for god knows how long. That one looks so clean and the wheels suit it perfectly, is there any particular offset I require? Like most people figuring out the offset on these confuses the shit out of me. I've got drums all round.

We're almost done whipping all this rust out, windscreen goes back in today.

Anybody interested in Tantarini LPG/CNG parts? I have an out of date bottle along with the regulators and associated crap. Make a ridiculously low offer, otherwise it'll go on tardme.

I've got a wellside that matches the cab but it's very fuckin fucked as it's been under a layer of soggy ply for god knows how long.

it would be sad if you ditched the wellside. they are pretty bloody rare and more sort after - you should be able to sell it easy enough though as it's LWB and most of the NZ new ones are just that (*N40/*N41 etc). but i vote keep the wellside.

• 1 month later...

Thanks mate, I just nailed a vtnz wof today!

I'm gonna keep the whole wellside, it's sitting at a mate's farm for now until I get the time/know-how to rebuild it. I'll post up some other pics of rust repairs soon. Some of them are rugged, my first attempts... but they got better and better. Although I did see you are looking for a bonnet? I have 2, both white w/out major rust (one is blue on engine side), I have to figure out which one I'm keeping but could sell the other soon if you are still looking. You got a build in progress?

Thanks mate, I just nailed a vtnz wof today!

Although I did see you are looking for a bonnet? I have 2, both white w/out major rust (one is blue on engine side), I have to figure out which one I'm keeping but could sell the other soon if you are still looking. You got a build in progress?

Good stuff.

Yes I'm trying to track down a decent bonnet. The whole front of the frame has rusted out on mine. I'm interested to see what you have to offer, photos would be a good start if possible? Cheers

Here is my 82 pickup (USA model)

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/29243-left-hook-crumpy/page__hl__%2Bleft+%2Bhook+%2Bcrumpy

Jeah boy good shit on getting wof etc!!

those 7"s will prob fit on the front no probs (depending on what tyre you run and how low you go I guess) but if you run the wellside again those 8.5s might be a squeeze! I trialed my 8" tridies on the back of mine the other week and it looks like it might be a bit tight even with a bit of guard lipping. will have to get a shot for you once i get a wof for mine and tinker with some lowering

• 5 months later...