cylinders' '82 Hilux beach hauler

cylinders

• 4 months later...
Anyone reading this with an opinion on what tyres to run without losing too much highway ability? I have some MY01 205/50/R15 for the enkeis but I'm now thinking it's too small compared to the standard tyre. Bizzo what are you running?

haha well I don't know if I'm a good example. For nats I was running 14x8s with 185/55s. I have a 4.875 diff and never used 1st gear, effectively making it a 3 speed. 60 on the speedo was all good, and the vibrations started at about 80. Japanese 'ding' came on at 105km. I think I got it up to 130 on the speedo a couple times, but the speedo was out by over 20% so prob just cracking 100 with that. By the way, this is unbearable, but at least it looked good.

I now have some 14" steels with 195/60s - still dont use 1st accept for crawling up hills/slow as traffic.

Hope this helps. ps, I am going 5speed when the new engine goes in, and will alos get a 4.1 or 4.3 diff.

copied off some site:

There will be a "trans / axle" line on the build plate, and it will say G52 (or something like that) then a space and G-something else.

It will be G followed by:

07 = 3.900
08 = 4.110
10 = 4.375
14 = 4.875
25 = 4.556
28 = 4.300
29 = 4.100
31 = 3.91
38 = 3.42
43 = 3.56
54 = 3.90
66 = 3.07

Followed by:

2 = 2 Pinion, Open Diff
3 = 2 Pinion, Limited Slip
4 = 4 Pinion, Open Diff
5 = 4 Pinion, Limited Slip

(I have a G142 code for expample)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes sideways I totally missed this but am keen. Are they in good nick?

And yes that was me in ruakaka, was working at Marsden for quite a while, but home now in the mighty BOP.

On another note I found out exactly why toyota tax is a thing...

A while ago (about a year now haha) I noticed a dip in performance when it started running on 3 cylinders, figured I'd just keep running it til it died but hasn't yet. Had a fiddle with it today and found it holds 0 psi in #3, but still goes sweet as and passed a vtnz wof this arvo!

• Like 1