Mattts 73 MS65 Crown

Mattt

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha, looks a lot different from when we sold it to you mate, did you ever come up for that windscreen? Still got it sitting on top of a cabinet at home if you want it. We we're in the process of moving when you came up the second time. Did you ever manage to do that 7mgte conversion or whatever it was? Or still got the old holden motor in it

Looks so much better without those hub caps. Are they diamante wheels?

First hit got the win!

Think it looks awesome on those wheels personally. They're very "period" i think.

Hahaha, looks a lot different from when we sold it to you mate, did you ever come up for that windscreen? Still got it sitting on top of a cabinet at home if you want it. We we're in the process of moving when you came up the second time. Did you ever manage to do that 7mgte conversion or whatever it was? Or still got the old holden motor in it

Nah i forgot about it untill we were around 2 hours out of auckland on the way home. Was pretty annoyed with myself. Will definately look at getting it sometime when i'm up there next.

At the moment it still has the 186 in it. A conversion is on the list but i'm still unsure of what i want. Was thinking 2jzge or altezza 3sge because i want to go back to driving it everyday. Stopped at the moment since it's twice as much in fuel per week to our run about.

At the moment it's just a matter of focusing on getting it the next wof. Need to get custom springs made up, finish the exhaust properly and put some new tyres on it. Probably needs a new seatbelt as well.

I still absolutely love this car though. It's exactly what i wanted.

Please post my 10 points asap ;)

Consider them posted! They're redeemable at any oldschool meet I attend for a beer and some bullshit.

Very cool, I pine for a pre facelift 65, and yours is pretty much exactly how I'd do it. Nice work.

Cheers

Matt

Thanks matt, it's far from finished but I do love them ms6x s

nice one mattt

mega bump in the trunk!

Cheers man, yeah the sub setup is pretty rediculous really. Its taken up all my time recently but if your like me and havea bass addiction then there's only one cure! ;)

• 8 months later...

nice mate ,i was also thinking about getting that 2jz for my crown,bills 2 pay first tho.what sump does it have ie front,mid or rear.be interesting to see how it all goes for you so i can copy.also what gearbox is your whale running at the moment?

She's w50 so it won't last too long but should be ok to get running. Will look for a w57 before it goes for cert. It's a rear sump but I'm going to have to change it to a front I think. Will work it out when I get some mounts and mock up the chassis side. But I'm 99% sure the steerin. Going to hit on the rear sump.

Sorry double post. Unfortunately mid sumps are the rarest form of Jz Sump as they're crown specific. The fit between the crossmember of the chassis and the steering components. They're were only found on S130 and S140 crowns. I've been looking for one for about a year.

aw yup,did it come with a w to jz series bellhousing,cause if it did your w50 wont bolt up,i had this problem a couple of weeks ago when i bought my bellhousing the w50 bolt pattern is way out,i looked for w55,57 etc but were grossly over priced so i have settled for a g54 box out of a 3.0L turbo 2wd hilux which is an exact w55 but must be slightly different somewere to be called a different name.

Cheers for the info. I'll check it out tomorrow night. It's not a Biggie if it doesn't fit like I saI'd I wanna got to a w57 or w58 anyway but would have been nice to use it to mock it up before I have to fork out more money but oh well.

Sorry double post. Unfortunately mid sumps are the rarest form of Jz Sump as they're crown specific. The fit between the crossmember of the chassis and the steering components. They're were only found on S130 and S140 crowns. I've been looking for one for about a year.

I'll probably just try eBay or such. I expected these sort of issues to crop up. The old man has a 140 maybe I should just pinch his And claim he had a bottom end failure ;)

aw yup,did it come with a w to jz series bellhousing,cause if it did your w50 wont bolt up,i had this problem a couple of weeks ago when i bought my bellhousing the w50 bolt pattern is way out,i looked for w55,57 etc but were grossly over priced so i have settled for a g54 box out of a 3.0L turbo 2wd hilux which is an exact w55 but must be slightly different somewere to be called a different name.

G is the commercial version of a W - they are pretty much as strong as each other but the G has deep 1st and 2nd ratios for hauling heavy loads away from standstill etc. Also the G series boxes are generally a bit shorter than a W series.