Mattts 73 MS65 Crown

Mattt

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome cheers man. No I didn't grab pics but he only had the long block in there And said the twins were hitting the steering box.

The steering boxes in these are a pain. V8 head gets real close, the factory 1uz crown actually puts a twist on the engine so it leans to the passengers side so it clears the box.

Interesting about the w50 output shaft being same as a w55, learn something new everyday.

I hate the inlet manifolds on jz-ge's with a passion.

The steering boxes in these are a pain. V8 head gets real close, the factory 1uz crown actually puts a twist on the engine so it leans to the passengers side so it clears the box.

IIRC they also made the chassis rails 15mm further apart for that model crown.

Also the ge engines arent the best looking things. But with a bit of paint it will look all good.

• 2 years later...

yeah i really dont feel like going much over 450hp. all though im happy to spend the money on this build the idea is more about what i can achieve as a fabricator for little money. Also i dont want to push the limits of the 4wd drivetrain and although its a 30/70 split the front diff is tiny and i suspect after about 500hp things will go boom. As will the vvti bottom end. 

Basically think of the mustang ken block built, then take off about 150k from the budget ;)

Glad you guys aprove though. was always thinking the genral consensus from people would be why? But i think it'll make a really cool project and to be fair the difference between running the 4wd and not is minimal since i was already fabbing up the chassis for altezza front crossmembers etc.

• Like 1

Are altezzas 4wd haha. Max confuse

SOME of the altezza GITA station wagons were 4wd. The only thing im really worried about is making the transfer case fit the manual boax and that the transfer box has an electronically controlled constantly varying system which MAY be controllable by a link ecu according to their technician or i can unplug the whole thing and hope it has a default lock out.

I haven't got the stuff yet (still sitting at wreckers waiting for payment) but when I get it I'll know more. I suspect the box will bolt up to the transfer case but the internals are some clutched setup. Admittedly I'm a little out of my depth when it comes the that side of things so I'm not sure if you can weld it?