• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

big negative on that one...

Panelbeater didnt work on it over xmas hols and has been away a shit load in the year already....however hes back on deck now and hoping for a couple of weeks to finish things up and get it ready for paint.

Going to trrrryyy and get it home by easter as heaps of days off over that period to make good progress but will see how we  get on.

hows the datto coming along?

• Like 1

Been meaning to have a noisey one day when i go past as they seem to be there most saturdays till about 2pm i guess.

Went aand had a noisy at the datto on monday evening, gave it a once for any rust before they start priming. So by now she should be battleship grey and ready for a beating............Been damn lucky rust wise , however i have a few dents to be sorted.

When was all those weddings?

yeah the guy doing it works most weekends as his mrs is working so hes there at funny times/hours as well.

nice datto is coming along then good work!

haha umm the weekend after beach hop and hte next one...so they aint happening in my car now haa

Hard to tell from that picture, but is that pretty much brown? if so Brown gets my vote! Im the opposite of above I am not a fan of plain bold colours unless you are doing a factory restore. Even then the factory had some totally sweet colours in the 60's, plus as they were acyclic they weren't as full on as plain colours done in 2k paint.

yeah its like a bronze/brown colour i guess haha...so many options.

I do know one thing i dont want a bright yellow, oragne, pink etc etc dont want that in your face!

Cheers for the comments guys, glad to finally be making some progress and see things eventuating! 

100% like that sort of colour choice (the ford especially)

Will look classy and understated but once you start looking around will pick up on all the cool bits you have done.

Typical nz impala colours are boring/played out. would make the blacks and chrome parts pop!

I've seen some sweet similar colours on new euros too, BMW I think?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

thanks mate certainly looking forward to it being complete, turned out to be a much bigger project than originally anticipated and kind of spiralled out of control a bit as well.

Oh well hopefully the end product will be worth the pain! ha