The Westpala

Mr.Mk1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You still got that 600 Holley? If so how much you want for it?

Also a white with a really light blue pearl and a burgundy reddish body line down the side would look fucking hot I reckon.. Convertible Impalas are one of the few cars that can pull off white real nice in my opinion.

Like this... (I know this is a 61/62 but the scheme is BOSS)

CIMG8848.JPG

CIMG8851.JPG

I do, it was on loan/stolen from a mate ill check if he still wants it and if not what he wants..

Im kind of put off white cause of the poo spec white it was when i bought it , but after looking on the net the last few days there are some real nice white ones out there.

• 1 month later...

haha yeah man fridge is tucked in the corner with the rest of my stuff, awaiting the rest of my shed to be built so i can move in...All these photos are pre fridge collection ha

Dont worry itl be in there pride of place haha.

As for bits alot of them have come from Classicindustries.com either via me ordering direct, or speed shed in Cambridge who have ordered me a bit of stuff through their various suppliers.

kinda my thoughts at this stage.

Definatly no gold! 

Silver, chrome bumpers, trim, wheels, white or black roof and then decide on interior...will be good i think.

SR1600 nah mate it fired up so it must be good to go, will find out this weekend all going to plan ha

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

looking good bro glad your making progress. I fucking hate rust and shitty american repairs!

We are still getting arse reemed on our belair, its just come out of a 4 month stint at a panel beaters/repair cert place (he basically went to f**king town on it) way more stuff needing stripping and re-repairing than what I thought...

But yeh I'm guessing your sussing this already but get a repair cert now!! otherwise they will just make you strip back everything to check your repairs when going for compliance (he took over 250 of our cars repairs and it was no where near as bad) lololol

We are also trying to sort ours for beach hop so shall lay some titanium sparks past you if I see this there  :-D

nice man good to hear your getting through yours...My panelbeaters been overseas for a couple of months but back next week. So a month solid lal the new steel should be in and everything should be getting close to pain.

I feel your pain haha you never know what your going to find under the paint, bog, understeel, dodgy patches so know that feeling!

Repair certs all lined up for as we go so thats no problem.

Awesome cant wait till the day its rolling!

Are you needing to do a full panel and paint on yours or is most of it ok?

most of its was saved/ok, although not a perfect paint job to start with (never get satin!)
Got pissed when they had to grind both rear quarters back to bear steel for him just to look at what's underneath and say

"that looks fine"!! AHHHH

so had both rear quarters re-sprayed drivers side panel behind door, both sills, full sandblast underneath and underseal, boot blasted and undersealed, new passenger footwell and chassis pulled slightly passenger front corner (bumper support was dented in about 10mm, oh and the thing pumped with about 50 tons of fish oil. Plus the rest of it! inside rear quarters, behind door trims etc. COST $$$$$

Still havent got the car back yet as its at SDPcustom, getting bash bars made, broken shock mounts replaced, drop spindles, small c-notch etc. (all the pretty stuff)

So hoping like hell it flys through cert and its next compliance check as we have replaced EVERYTHING and has a repair cert for basically every panel on the car.

If your after drag blocks these are the best I could find after googling for many many many days on end (plus pre-drilled)

http://www.waylayedinc.com/Waylayed2010/ww/products/Waylayed-Titanium-Drag-Blocks-without-brackets.html

that sounds painful alright!, at least you know whats underneath now and there's not to much hidden stuff you wont know about right!

Thats the way im looking at it, having blasted it back and stripped all panels to bare metal and replaced everything with new steel i KNOW whats underneath and thats going to be good enough for my life time haha.

Going to make some bash plates up for under mine as well to stop wrecking to much, impalas are prone for petrol tanks hitting on things when your driving low.

Couldnt you get low enough without a c notch?

Iv got alot of work on my hands should it be ready by beach hop with a full panel & paint, ls1 conversion, bag kit, interior the lot haha

• Like 1

faaaaaaancy

God you have lots to do, we've spent the last 5 months just trying to get it registered!!

Nah the back wont go low enough without a small notch (really small) well it is low (see pic) but i want it's arse actually on the ground showing no gap.

Fronts an issue on the old X-chasis as things to hit first are either the exhaust or the 350turbo's sump which farking sux, but oh well. 64's seem alot easier to lay frame with then dutry ol 61's :( well they seem way lower due to sweeter bumpers

Should be able to source some decent height bumpstops to pass the whole cert scrub line deal if it turns to shit and got a flat tyre and popped bag at the same time

but yeh next thing to hit in the back is the petrol tank which is a bit of a worry so getting bash bars made up for now then later down the track will either make it smaller or run a fuel cell to be safe..

o0e9.jpg

Disclaimer, exhaust has been changed since this photo to come out before rear wheel, really keen to paint those wheels as well (still think wires might look better)

coming along nicely man looking nice alright

wires make it a bit easier to lay also with the smaller wheels. 

Yeah probably bitten off more than I can chew but hey never say never haha..as long as its running and driveable and pretty close to finished itl be at beach hop. 

Hoping to get car back from panel & paint around Nov/Dec. 

By then ill have the motor running on a stand, wiring all ready to go in and all painted up/bits made as required so can drop in with minimal fuss.

Hopefully have interior done also so its a matter of installing..

Itll be all the fiddly little shit that takes time though!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...