brdflus 83 Nissan Skyline Coupe (KHR30)

kyteler

Used Labour Weekend to change the head on this.  Old one had a massive exhaust leak as someone had fucked with the mani bolts, I tried to make it work in place a while ago but had no luck so spare head went on complete with genuine Nissan headgasket out of my head-set kit as well as the manifolds gasket, both were such better quality than the shit you get from Chumpco, etc.  Dang.  Had hoped to use on the 110 but thems the breaks, will need a custom H/G for the 110 anyway though, I guess.

Will try get it legal again this weekend then maybe some avian sickness might be interested in it.

• Like 7

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That thing in the passenger seat is the only thing it failed on.  It's the internal lamp buckets out of the old headlamp, they were all faded/stained and worn.  I had to pull apart a spare to get them some good condition ones, couldn't just throw a spare headlamp in as all my spares are pre-facelift so the lense is different.  Brool Story Co.

Anyway.

Fresh oil and coolant also.  Seems a bit lacking/wussy, I may have been a tooth off when I replaced the head.  Still doing it's weird running but aaaaaaaah well.  It's drivable and legal that's all that really matters.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

so after a month of mucking around trying to get all the windows working with a huge help from ben_10 I now have all 4 working. perfect timing for summer driving. have changed wheels and tyres so now it doesnt hit the ground as easy. also did a little skid on new years in my driveway since Kyteler showed me how much it loved them! such a good buy!

• 1 month later...

This has always had a issue at certain revs so tonight i finally got around to putting a genuine temp sender in for the ECU. Still has a slight issue but alot better than it use to be. Is alot smoother especially when cold and at idle. So after nats will check all the other senders for the motor out and go back to genuine nissan items as well. Includeing thermostat and temp sender for the gauge

• 1 month later...

Boring update again! On saturday this decided it didnt like having injector seals and leaked fuel all over the manifolds. Looked like only from one but turns out 4 seals where half there, 1 was completely gone and the last was complete. Have replaced them all using what i could get from work and the best of the spares. Still needs 3 new ones, new hose from the rail to the injectors and then should be perfect. It also needs all new plastic injector spaces as most of them where missing chunks which is what i think made the seals go.

• 2 months later...

Finally got this running issue sorted. Was doing a bit of a service in the weekend and when fitting new spark plugs i found that the main earth cable from the battery to chassis to engine had come of at the engine. Refitted that along with new plugs, leads and fuel filter ands its like a completely different car to drive now!

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

got over the rear end being so soft so lowered it a bit more using R32 front King springs and new KYBs.

made a huge difference, still hits the ground but no where near as bad and is alot nicer to drive when by myself.

next up is to lower the front some more and fit the ADThree spoiler i brought from Japan.

20150718_102307_zpsoq9qt0ck.jpg

20150718_102252_zps9w9olkgp.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...