1962 Suzuki MA50 (Suzuki Selpet)

jtkp61

New project of mine, 4 speed manual 50cc with a clutch.

Bought seized and my mate Josh (fliboi) and I are starting to rebuild her.

More pics to come, only know of mine and one in Wellington.

Keen on ideas for paint to, thinking of going grey / black but give me some feedback.

Cheers

292387_207024402760172_471674817_n.jpg

549051_208365572626055_372755192_n.jpg

564151_208365605959385_1511330936_n.jpg

427384_208365612626051_433912638_n.jpg

529018_207024386093507_907888244_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
needs points and to work out why it eats battery's and leaves them unable to charge anymore.

might just be deep discharging them?

direct current short. something in the 10amp region, or more.

check the condition of the starter motor cable,

remove all the fuses, and then unplug the main cable, see if you get a spark, if you do try and test it with a multi meter, see how much current various circuits are drawing with no key in it.

your welcome,

when I'm looking for a drain on a battery I start by making sure the battery is well charged, the I test the voltage with nothing connected (lets say 12.2 volts). Then I run the motor, and see if I'm getting 13.8 (ish) volts, (is it charging), Then I turn the motor off, and leave everything connected. (testing 11.5volts), ok, so now I ~know~ there is drain.

(and it's not a bad battery: which has just been charged gives a good reading, then drops a cell batteries have 6 cells usually, each 2 volts(ish)=12volts, not uncommon for one to die)

Then I drop the main cable, not the starter motor one, test again (12.2) ok so the starters fine.

Reconnect the main cable, and rip alot of relays and fuse out, and then have some one watch it while I put them all back in one, by one. (~boring~). Hello, my helper says when I installed the ~who-dang-whats-it~ fuse it dropped to 11.5 volts, and there is the faulty thing/bad cable etc/thing which is on and should not be,

sorry for the odd way this is written, it's 8am on sunday half awake, yet to have a coffee, it was just easier to write this way.,

makes perfect sense. had a laugh at things like starter motor, such luxuries are unheard of in thee bikes i work on :lol:

since im just running the coil at the moment, im pretty sure its not getting a charging current from the engine, will get the batterys sorted and take to it with my multimeter.

i wired up my c90 in the same style and every things gone perfect, except this bike ate the battery for it haha

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...