Kirks bike club aka the Hardcone Hurricanes

KIRK

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fitted the chain to hmx500 and did up all the bolts tight on the weekend. Went for maiden ride. Turns out I was too gentle on the back wheel nuts lol and it slipped forward when going up a big hill and scratched up the rear drop outs. was funny cos I was scared to do the nuts up too tight to aviod that happening lol. I think next time I will put duraseal on rear dropouts haha. anyway it rides lush

heres some pics I took before it gets all dirty and scratched etc:

IMG_0773_zps57a38430.jpg

IMG_0800_zps63811d97.jpg

IMG_0796_zps0f2054bb.jpg

IMG_0787_zpsbb3cefdc.jpg

IMG_0791_zpsa6d916f1.jpg

IMG_0804_zps90ef0758.jpg

IMG_0801_zps664b0c93.jpg

IMG_0785_zpsd31af102.jpg

IMG_0815_zps07d71ef3.jpg <bmx banditing around mt roskill

• Like 8

Giz a ride man, I promise I'll just ride down to that lamppost and back

that already happened once when I rode to the taro patch to show tui and all his kids wanted a go. Happened again at the basketball court and once at the liquor store when I was riding around inside the liquor store. But I said no every time cos i'm scared some kid will ride it and then my home made wheels will collapse and the kid will die and his dad will chase me with a machete.

that's the problem with having a fancy bike in Mt Raskill

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

my friend came over on the weekend with his mk2 hmx500. You can see the difference between the mk1 and mk2 frames in this pic:

IMG_0819_zps274b8e15.jpg

also got a sweet sturmy archer coaster brake hub of xsSteve and and laced it into my rat racer, is lols lush to ride. Looks way better without brake cables etc and the coaster brake works better than the shitty brake system i had before. Tiny frame with 27 inch rims is so lol:

IMG_0825_zps01c7c25d.jpg

ima pull apart the front wheel and clean it up and relace it. Whoever built it put the spokes onto the wrong sides of rim. Also guna change the bb and headset as they're both rooted. Keen on a cooler chainwheel + crank if anybody has anything? like BSA or triumph?

• Like 1