SEEN88's 1985 GX71 Cressida

SEEN88

I had i think ae92 superlows in the front of mine and just slightly cut ford sierra wagon springs in mine for a while. Didnt slam it but it was basically just like a lowered daily, drove pretty nice and was ll captive and shit but have now gone to the bc gold set up. DO NOT GET THE BC'S. They barely lower the front at all, massive regrets. Much more work required to get it to slam on that set up. Should be sweet when its all done though.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SEEN88

See how much shipping is with Fastway or NZ Couriers or something and let me know. Sorry about the delay, haven't checked OS in about a week.

Guest SEEN88

Hahaha damn straight, another OS member bought some from America and I swapped an OS sticker for a pedobear one. I kinda want this somewhere on the car too. Is that bad?

• 5 weeks later...
Guest SEEN88

Oh the joys of cars!

Fixed two things today that have happened recently, replaced rear brake pads and replaced a wheel stud as the original one was so munted that a wheel nut that went on fine, cross threaded on the way off.

nlFeIuCl.jpg

V0Dq0gVl.jpg

If I can afford to, going to book my restricted this Wednesday so I can FINALLY lower the car and put my wheels on, and this build thread can become exactly that, a build thread.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Don't ruin your rear guards if you need to roll them. Do it right. Take it somewhere if you have too. Get camper plates for the front too. I have jzx100 plates in the front of mine for a little more caster but just get t3 plates as i had to modify the shocks to fit mine. Rear may need a small spacers once its lowered?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Anyone know if GX71 analogue and digital dashes are interchangeable?

Managed to somehow find a NZ new GX71 Cressida (1G-E) with digital dash at a wreckers near here, wanting to know if it will work before I buy it.

And also is the guy ripping me off asking $50 for it?

Yeah digital dash conversion bit of drama and effort but can be done, yeah my old mark II gx71 that sold to guy in Dunnaz had wind up windows all extra spec chrome etc outside budget as inside haha

Did the gx71 have power windows?

I want a gx71 1ge body loom with factory power windows as mine had wind ups and new maroon interior has power windows.

Yes it did, was gonna pilfer the passenger side switches but they were gone. Heading back there next Monday possibly if you were wanting photos or parts or anything?