SEEN88's 1985 GX71 Cressida

SEEN88

Discussion here

So my 910 Bluebird is going up for sale as soon as it's fixed (Dad reversed into it with a Mazda BT50), and I have replaced it with this, a 1985 GX71 Toyota Cressida. Absolute mint condition, only things that don't work are a couple of interior/dash lights and the power window lock button. Paid $2900 and drove her 400km back from Tauranga on the 1st of July.

When I got her, sitting outside my grandparents place in Tirau

YnXO6l.jpg

WUShEl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. Mag and Tyre Direct here in Palmy threaded two wheel nuts, one on each of the front studs.

joFLZl.jpg

xySgyl.jpg

Also, I discovered while the rims have been sitting at Dad's after they came off the Bluebird, one got pretty badly scuffed up. Was annoyed at first, but not worried anymore, and gonna leave it like that for now

a9DM5l.jpg

Went to install the 6x9s I got for my 21st from a friend last weekend, and Dad put a hole in one of them, so he replaced them with some 'Vifa' 150WRMS ones from Jaycar, on clearance at $119. Pretty decent magnets on them, too. Didn't come with speaker covers so stuck the old Pioneer ones on, lol.

wmFdkl.jpg

knlSIl.jpg

Also put my head unit and some 4" 40WRMS Response speakers from Jaycar in the front, as I didn't want to cut the door cards up at all, would be a waste with the interior in such good condition. Stuck my old Alpine Type-R sub and Cadence amp in the boot, and that concludes this weekend's updates. Oh, apart from this..

PZIetl.jpg

Front shocks arrived today, modifed Monroe Corona inserts (unsure of which model, but 70mm shorter stroke, 50mm shorter body than stock). Will get a pic of them when I can. Now just waiting on PowderJZX's contacts for the rest of the shocks and springs!

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought a set of front and rear ST205 Celica struts and lowering springs on Trade Me. Gonna use the front springs, and sell off the rest. Once this arrives, I will have everything needed to lower the car. Will just need to cut the rear springs, and maybe the fronts. I may have to ask for assistance with this when the time comes, as I have never cut springs before.

• 2 weeks later...

Another small update, just a couple of pics of the planned exhaust.

M99MZl.jpg

spaIVl.jpg

EWgv0l.jpg

The black splitter is to replace the rear muffler, the victory pipes are removable. I am kind of expecting a little hate for this, but I don't mind.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Car is running like a pack of arseholes. Lifters get incredibly noisy when it's hot, car loses power, idles funny. Bought a new car (JZX90) to drive while I try fix this and lower the car. Then I will be selling it. I'm gonna miss her, but my next old Toyota will not be NZDM.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...