Testament

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

nah it was pretty close to what I thought, just need to recheck the calcs for actual motor rpm to see if it was even getting into the "powerband" - the tuning was for about 5500-5750 rpm, I got the diffuser taper too steep though so thats probably not helping (will narrow the powerband of the spanny) and the baffle cone is shallow taper/15 deg which reduces max power but extends the powerband past the peak power (but I dont know if the engine speed is even getting there though. but on sunday morning initially with a small jet (1.2mm) and the spanny it was pulling real good down low, we put the jet back up to the old size with straight pipe/megaphone (1.8mm) and it wouldnt idle and was real flat. I'm guessing without the spanny most of the fuel was going straight out the exhaust so it needed heaps just to still have some in the motor. soldered that up and drilled to 1.6 for the race but I think I can still lean it out a bit more.

looking at a few other tuning options too - but I think I might tear it down 1st as it seemed like it may have chewed a rod bearing or something a bit when we put it on the trailer a the end of yesterday - in the excitement of the race I forgot to top up the magic oil reservoir when refuelling which may have something to do with it......

edit: yeah what ^ he said needs to lean up a bit

maybe wack a little peanut butter jar lid and wifes sock airfilter on it like my bike or experiment with intake length. a bit longer will make it more peaky. I need to shorten mine as made no power down low but screamed up top but gear ratio to tall so couldn't get into the power on track edit: I would chop your intake and add some rubber hose in. engine vibrations shaking carb will froth fuel in bowl and make it rich

• 2 weeks later...