Kickers 260C discussion

Beaver

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what brocky said.

you get the early 80s hilux diff. need to weld the spring mounts from the h190 on, but its narrower by around an inch each side. 

OR talk to ja1lb8 on here. hes got the v12 38 chev tudor with all the turbos. He shortened his h190 in his 130 cedric a fair bit. I think he said there was some spare spline on the axles. I think there was only an inch total in it.

• Like 1

Was tempted by that, in reality the stroker is still a bit of a daydream and from what I hear for all the cost they don't offer much benefit on the street over a stock L28, still, having a stroker L series would be bad ass

For the money you will end up spending id do an RB25DE with the triples lol - make it look like an S20

Good info guys, much appreciated

For the money you will end up spending id do an RB25DE with the triples lol - make it look like an S20

I saw one like that somewhere, maybe zclub?? pretty cool but I'm like all the one engined eyed fanboys on here and have to stick with my favourite, the trusty L series :)

Good info guys, much appreciated

I saw one like that somewhere, maybe zclub?? pretty cool but I'm like all the one engined eyed fanboys on here and have to stick with my favourite, the trusty L series :)

I got the idea from someone doing an old school looking JZ - I wouldnt be sticking any RB in a 260C anytime soon hence the "lol".

Heres some inspiration

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Heya man. Shit hard case reading this post.. Ive got a yellow 260c exactly the same as yours! But with a worked to shit l20et lol. Me too have been messing round finding wheels and lsd from japan.. You got some reAl nice streets ther! Ive just done the gloria dash change in mine... Farkkkk what a mission!! As you say!! Took me a whole day! Every wire needs to be cut and traced to the new postion and reconected! But well worth the effort looks way better than having a crappy after market rev gauge! How much roughly did you pay for the streets? Great to see another of these. Whats the build number?

Nice! Chuck up a build thread man, would be keen to see another one here
Haven't finished putting my dash in haha, have been slack, I even cheated and bought the wiring loom to go with the dash, all I need to do is add a couple connectors for my extras (CB, Stereo and Wideband) and should be good to go. There were a few mismatched plugs but they relate to the stock stereo from the looks of things which I have disconnected anyway. I did fiddle the Odometer though so that the K's match the old dash.

Did you buy your dash recently? We were probably bidding against each other, pretty sure I saw the Stacked id on some of them :) 

The Streets were about $1k including airfreight, still hunting for some 15x8's for the front, might take a while, you can get them new but they would be US$6-700ish each not including shipping!

• 7 months later...

On the cooling side I am going to ditch the engine fan and fit a Volvo 2 speed unit I got from Pick a part the other week, the only one they had was the thicker blade version which apparently should be as good but maybe a bit noisier, can any Volvo fan-bois confirm this? While at PaP I also grabbed a dual thermo switch from a Bimmer which should have the temp settings I need to have it working properly with the thermostat. An inline housing for the switch is on its way from AliExpress, hopefully with a slight mod (tapping it to fit the BMW switch thread) it'll be usable.

I don't know whats noisy or quiet, but mine is really loud. Like can hear it before you can hear the car loud.

Keen to see your setup for the bimmer thermo switch - I'll probably copy you too.

• 1 year later...

That chin spoiler is sweet.

If it was me I would break up the red, perhaps a couple of stripes or something. At the moment it looks like a chicks petticoat hanging beneath the hem of her skirt, like it's in the right place and meant to be there but should be a little more discreet.

But look at me, I own 2 Australian cars - I pretty much have the worst taste in the world.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...