Motoroche's HK Monaro

kyteler

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my mate Peter the panel beater made a rear quarter for one of those just recently.

made the whole thing from one sheet of steel from a cardboard template. the car wasn't in his workshop, he went to trial fit it, spend a day getting it right at his shop then went and welded it to the car.

i don't think it was cheap though.

and hes in auckland.

cool story bro,

anywho. nice car, got anymore pics???

Love it! Always wanted one and should've got one when prices were resonable in the 90s. What are your plans? Wheels, engine etc? From memory there were chunks of polystyrene stuck in the rear quarters for sound deadening and that trapped moisture which lead to rust. I would save and get quality repairs as that's a high value car.

Well this forum is working its magic already as I have got a panel beater coming over tomorrow to have a look at it thanks to a member on here that pm'd me his number. Cheers for that Corey.

I can't wait to get the body sorted out so I can start with the mechanical bits.

I have a few engines that I can use for the old girl,

Option 1/ the factory 186s with triple HSR42 Mikini Carbs.

2/ a 327 chevy factory set up.

3/ a 327 chevy with alloy heads and a roller cam package.

4/ a 327 with twin tunnel rams, (you can see half of them in the pic on the back shelf)

5/ a 304 EFI holden motor

Will be interested in your thoughts fella's.

Yes it sure is a bit tricky to decide on which motor to use. I do have a spare bonnet that has a hole cut in it that came with the tunnel rams.

I will definitely get it back on the road with the 186 in it for a start as the motor is a sweet we runner. It's not the original one though bugger it.

Say NO to tunnel rams! But a hot 327 with alloy heads and lower the car suitably but with stock paint and standard wheels (widened though of course)

As you are missing the original motor the "authenticity" of the car is somewhat negligible anyway.

Also keep a 186 engine on an engine stand that looks original. You can always tickle that up to XU1 triple carb spec and if you ever sell it you can include it with the car. Plus nothing like a tough 60's performance motor on an engine stand in the shed to give you a boner..

I was thinking this path for my falcon wagon.. nothings tougher than tunnel rams bro, except maybe a blower but theyre a bit OTT, even better you dont have to massacre another bonnet.. put a nice big cam in it, twin BG Demons mmmmmm..