10 5's velobike

mark105

10 5 will be all over this, i bet he is planning on running the chain in a criss cross / figure 8 configuration to make it drive the correct way and not get his balls meted by the exhaust.

THUMB_00001068.jpg

He is probably just devising the vertical chain deflector as we speak.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

although a figure of 8 chain would be super sweet i actually just mounted it backwards fail lol.

but anyways flipped the engine, couldnt be fucked rewelding mounts so just hori'ed this up.

IMG_20120527_174201.jpg

IMG_20120527_174217.jpg

tried to tune it a bit more but wasnt really playing ball. going to have to epicly clean out carb i think. loves to piss fuel every where one second as float bowl didnt shut then run lean as the next and pop and fart and wont rev. has to idle with the choke half on as if i flip it off it dies so cant be getting enough fuel some where.

notice my sweet rope start on the seat, actually is not to bad to start really, has some sweet vibration and loves to spit fuel on your balls when your on the seat due to fuel every where some times. not sure if im going to keep rangi mounted fuel tank or not yet, was just to get it going at this stage. need some drive line and throttle and i can ride it.

need to figure out where i am going to get chain to suit the rear sprocket and a front sprocket to get some kind of drive going on. i think jase said it was honda ct90 sized chain i need but not sure where to get it from.

ah check/replace the gaskets between carb and motor

as for cleaning out carb. havn't worked on a honda one but usualy they have welch plugs around the place which can be removed so you can clear out passages.- but soaking it in solvents minus the rubber bits can work and i did see something where guys boil the carb in lemon juice

nah sorry dave they are just allen key bolts that look like big rivets haha. the only drive line related component i have so far is the rear sprocket so nah have done no calculations as of yet as im missing allot of it. going to find what i can to run chain and front sprocket wise and then just run belt from engine to jack shaft so i can tweak ratios much easier.

i have checked gaskits and they didnt look to bad. pretty sure its a carb problem as when i pulled it to bits it looked a bit gummy so will just polish all up and make lush.

got a bunch of pulleys thanks to japawags. works out to be approx a 4:1 ratio and should do about 80ish km's at bout 4000rpm

spent ages on the lathe making jack shaft setup, had to machine the 2 pulleys to tap together with hammer fit and weld up then machine lip for idler to spigot into and bolt together.

result

IMG_20120602_212208.jpg

ditched chain sprocket at rear and machined up v belt pulley to fit rear hub

IMG_20120602_212218.jpg

and front pulley setup.

IMG_20120602_212229.jpg