steelies MKII velo racer

Steelies

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sweet! managed to locate the arrows on magneto casing and the flywheel. well i now have a spare points assembly in pretty good nick if you ever need parts kicker

also the little slots cut in the ends of the crank indicate postion, ie marks pointing straight down at TDC.

we may have a bit of a victa vs villiers thing on our hands here.. shame you wont be at nats.

^ was gona ask opinions, yeah better leave em full length.

yep 2xforks in the frame. scratched my head for ages about bringing the twin tubes together at the head tube, then saw another set of forks. bango

got the brake working last night, even found some vans shoe brake pads and re-covered the seat with a shirt i tore on saturday while falling backwards off a deck into trees.

• 2 weeks later...

nah it's goin ok, was just mocking it.

finished crab manifold, bearings with terribly hory oil ways dremeled in (ashamed spec), fixy rear wheel, gear selector and 1st and 2nd gear on reduction box input shaft, rings are on their way bla bla

probably finish building/test/run in at nats haha.

oh even has a manky old unifilter too heh

could/should do but may go too fast. they will probably not be able to be adjusted to a 'wheel' that small.

you could make something else up though without any problems.... or just put it on the wheel