ta63 CARINA WITH A TWIST - discussion

J-Calico

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aahh okay cool.

Have been for a blat as passenger around pukekohe in a 1UZ TA63 a few years back, it was freaken awesome. 8)

Was that glens one? I got a lot of parts of glen for my old carina . I know that car is still around but I don't think its finished .

Yeah, Glens... One of the OG carina masters haha.

That car is still around, doesnt have a 1UZ anymore though. Needs a bit of work to get up and running again.

Yeah its with garage dori . Um ken I believe . Haven't heard much about it for ages. Seams that that site has died unfortunately , was good for carina talk.

Moved here as there is a much larger community and everyone is more than willing to talk and help out.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Dam, forgot to get back to you about the rear shocks mounts.

There is ZERO chance of getting a spring over a shock in that factory shock mount. D2 make an adapter that offsets the shock outwards to give you more room for a spring but even then, some bashing is required

ad67.jpg

oh, shit I didn't know about them , to late now . I just picked up my bc mx73 suspension, I guess it doesn't make to much difference now ,will be able to adjust everything now anyway . so all is okey

I will still be making a cross brace for the rear but will do that once I can put the car back on the floor

• 2 months later...

nice, I didn't find these ones in my search.this is the one I have found

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Greddy-12401114-Remote-Oil-Cooler-Filter-Relocation-with-Thermostat-/321289930137?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ace5f4599&vxp=mtr

its a bit more pricey but it works out at the end of the day as i wanted a thermostat to keep oil temp correct , so by the time you add up extra fittings and buying a separate thermostat it works out easier to buy it all in one unit .

i havent got it yet, but it looks nice and shinny i cant wait !

from the pictures the only down side i can see is its going to be shit to mount. and i may be limited in the choice of filter . hopefully i can fit a large filter . will have to wait in see 

• 1 month later...

whats going on with the remote oil filter adapter thingo? 2 lines in and out?? should it not be 1 in 1 out?? unless its got a thermostat? looks fuking mint either way

spot on brother. its thermostatically controlled to the cooler. has permanently open valve that allows 10 percent flow so to allow air to always be bleed out of the system .

it made life easier for me to house the oil pressure sensor, thermostat valve, and remote oil filter all in one unit . was about 300 NZD landed from the states. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

awesome man!

Just a thought though... I am probably wrong but the radiator outlet looks really high up......

When your motor is dry and you fill that radiator you won't get water to spill out of the outlet and back down into the engine and pump until the radiator is REALLY full... and how will the air get out of the top of that pipe?

might just be talking shit

• Like 1

Nice work!

In my mind it makes sense to leave the camber tops for just camber though.

There are already adjustable castor arms down the bottom, may as well keep the two adjustments seperate?

It would make fine tuning a pain the ass if you just want to adjust camber and then end up removing/adding castor as well I reckon.

• Like 1

awesome man!

Just a thought though... I am probably wrong but the radiator outlet looks really high up......

When your motor is dry and you fill that radiator you won't get water to spill out of the outlet and back down into the engine and pump until the radiator is REALLY full... and how will the air get out of the top of that pipe?

might just be talking shit

yup good thinking my friend, is quite hard to see via pictures, but the radiator is lower then the top outlet . so its kind of an issue, but Toyota have put a cooling system bleed on top of the thermostat housing to fix this issue. but luckily i have a vacuum bleeder which make life very easy. : )

Nice work!

In my mind it makes sense to leave the camber tops for just camber though.

There are already adjustable castor arms down the bottom, may as well keep the two adjustments seperate?

It would make fine tuning a pain the ass if you just want to adjust camber and then end up removing/adding castor as well I reckon.

the only reason i made the plates is because the suspension isn't on the correct angles already, and i have to re drill the tower so as far as certification process goes if you modify any structural point you have to reinforce it to keep its strength, so i thought that if i am reinforcing it i may as well try and add some more adaptability in there just because i am already changing it. it was never a plan to do this, its just cause they aren't made for the pcd my strut towers came with from factory. 

i may not end up welding them in, its just an idea at this stage .