J-Calico

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

This is my discussion topic.

First thing i am interested in talking about is sumps. i have been looking all over the place to find pictures and information from people who have actually done and made successful 1uz sumps .

Have been reading all over the net that 1uz are bad for running bearings due to oil starvation

But I am yet to find any good hard advice or designs to adapt to my build, any advice or information would be greatly appreciated

Cool project,

(for viewtopic.php?f=17&t=31843 )

Different way to do/update a build thread, but it works, I quite like it.

Make sure you do that everytime you work on it! :D

lol/awesome you're going straight for 'blown engine, not sorting it out N/A first. 8)

yeah bro am taking pictures every 30 seconds then my flatmate is editing them so it flows nicely , should be cool when its getting closer to finished so can watch it from start to finish in one movie

Oh hey Dan

I found my gx71 hubs but no calipers. You want?

na i am good man, thanks any way got me some ages ago , have re kitted them and got new rotors etc. . . but i am thinking that i will have to sell them anyway they just look to small to be honest. the total weight of the car is going to be very close to standard but the acceleration is going to be tripled so not sure what the certifier is going to say .

This car is smelly and i dont like it.

If you want i can CAD you a flange to get laser cut in your metal of choice?

Thinking about doing quad oil control hinged doors in a diamond shape, haven’t done allot of research into it yet . more just talking it out with the boys . need to understand how oil acts in the sump as its viscosity is so different to water making the doors act how i want will require some mucking around

So hopefully I shouldn’t need to re design the whole sump . wanting to just add hinged doors and hope that keeps me going

Awesome vid! Cool song too.

Carina sedans are super sweet, cant wait to see how this turns out.

You got any plans for wheels or brakes yet?

yeah i know what wheels i want he he he keep that quite until i can find them. And once again I will have to import them so probably going to cost a few grand . as for brakes i was planning on using gx71 ones they are a bit bigger than the ta63 ones, but i don’t think they will cut it to be honest, mate has set up his corona with r33 brakes . but not sure just yet , will have to talk to certifier about it see what they say. i know that you have done allot of brake work on your 2 door , what have you settled with ??

Hey dude. Do you need to make one from scratch?

na don’t need to make from scratch, i am just wanting to modify the factory one so when i am sliding i don’t starve it for oil. i haven’t ever build or modified sumps so just looking for any info and or question and answers from people who have done it

sorry for the huge spam of answers, haven’t been on the computer this week and I am unsure how to answer all the questions in one go

i know that you have done allot of brake work on your 2 door , what have you settled with ??

Currently have a setup that uses MR2 front calipers and discs from a citreon.

But working on a setup for Dads soarer which will use nissan 4 pots, citreon disc and the whole lot will still be BEHIND the hub, so it doesnt space out the front track.

Nissan 4 pot caliper is about half the weight of a steel Toyota caliper, and brake pads are a million times easier to change, and good range of brakepads for cheap.

So will do the same on carina if we get something working out well.

Oh hey Dan

na i am good man, thanks any way got me some ages ago , have re kitted them and got new rotors etc. . . but i am thinking that i will have to sell them anyway they just look to small to be honest. the total weight of the car is going to be very close to standard but the acceleration is going to be tripled so not sure what the certifier is going to say .

Your cert dude will just be doing stops from 100kmh so the extra power wont matter. Also most of the old jap wheels dont allow for calipers that stick out past the hub face so you need to take that into concideration when going to Nissan stuff

Oh hey Dan

Your cert dude will just be doing stops from 100kmh so the extra power wont matter. Also most of the old jap wheels dont allow for calipers that stick out past the hub face so you need to take that into concideration when going to Nissan stuff

awesome that means I can keep my gx71 brakes. than do look nice . and means I can keep more Toyota parts on my car and less of everything else. ha ha ha