Ling's Silver Grand Father ---- Plan B (NOT a SPAM THREAD)

LingLing

Seriously, let's just give it a couple of days, because none of this is constructive.

Andyling, pm me when you update your build thread and I'll unlock the thread. Hopefully to helpful and worthwhile feedback.

edit: Have cleaned the last few pages up a little bit, so can we please refrain from insults towards ability, the car and anything else for that matter.

Andy, we will be continuing to delete any posts that appear to be obvious trolls and I will clear this up more in my pm to you.

Will unlock later.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you wana get a super sweet car cover (the one you have looks very average and would appear to not keep water out) the ones repco sell that are thick as shit and are fuzzy on the inside and grey with what looks like holes on the outside are fucking boss. keeps monsoon rain out. cost like $100-$120 from memory

have heard from multiple very experienced panel beaters that covers accelerate rust something wicked due to trapping moisture and once it drys up/ warms up containing said moisture thus providing prime rust groth environment

gotta stop treating the car like an ornament, its a car. designed to go from A to B, bit of water wont hurt it

Andy, you have the money available it would seem.

So heres my advice.

Go rent the smallest storage unit you can find that will fit the car.

Those places have 24hour access and security.

They are also everywhere these days so finding one close to your current house should be easy.

So no more talk about garage this and garage that. Its gonna go all off topic again.

We know you need a garage and i have just given you the best solution to your current situation.

Get a lockup at the same place I rent mine. They have sheds ranging in size from single to four berth and all fully alarmed/caretaker on site who doesn't give a fuck if you sleep there overnight.

As an added bonus, it's even located ridiculously close to Carl's Jr.

Thank you for your guys Input, I want to drive this thing at least 3 - 4 times a week, so no lockups for now.

I think the car cover worked well, except bit dirty. I put it on when rains, but take it off immidiately after rain stops, to avoid heating the traped water off between the car and the cover.

yeh, I am on the edge thinking about putting the back seats back on,but then they are just going to be just seats tho. not seat belts etc. was only complied for 2 seater, so bit illegal here.

and when I put all the interior and carpet back the inside actually look good.

still, there's few kgs at the center of the car.