Raizer's Cruiser, Twenty & BSA

Raizer

Have got pretty much everything to reassemble the Twenty sorted out, just waiting to get it back from the powder coaters now!

Must say a huge thanks to Simon/UTERUS for hooking us up with a chain guard and to Felix for the grips!!

Also Kingpin hooked me up with a good price to replicate the original stickers, just waiting for them to come in the post.

Scored another bike today too, 28" BSA, not planning to get carried away on it like the Twenty, just to get it cleaned up and rideable.

6490827051_8b2574c5ef_b.jpg

Had never seen brakes like what is on this!

But whats this...?

A wild Villiars appears!!

6490827711_36d74f7c04_b.jpg

:lol::lol:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol they arrived this morning, there perfect man, thanks again!!

Finished modernizing the seat frame to take a new style one piece pole/mount and coated it in black zinc before taking it back to the upholsterers, should get the newly recovered seat back later this week.

Then just a matter of waiting for the powder coater to finish, find a clip to mount the chain guard with and buy new white cable.

Lol don't worry the big wheel is just getting greased up, new tires, seat and crank (ones bent) then ridden!

Will try and take a photo of the brakes when I'm at the workshop later on, its a centre pull type deal.

Also has a coaster brake in the hub.

Planning on doing a twin engine mini boardtrack racer with the villiers engines, or one engine and try bluff my way through registering as a scooter haha.

Powder coated with a coat of silver metallic clear powder over the purple, from what the guy told us we were expecting to see the odd spec of silver shine in the sun, this has come up more like a heavy pearl and full of sparkly bits, depending on angles in the sun it seems to change from deep purple to full on silver metallic to a rich blue.

The wife LOVES it lol

Having a little trouble getting the bottom bracket to go back together, the drive side bearing cup wanted to crossthread so its in the bike shop at the moment having a tap run through it to clean it up, then its just a matter of polishing some SS bolts, picking the seat up and waiting for the cables to put it back together.

Oh and I have to figure out mounting the chain guard, turns out these English built ones did use a different mount etc, no biggie though.

chop off old mounts and just solder them in place?

Did you get powder coat inside the bottom bracket hence bearing not playing ball? Do these have cups, or how are bearings held in? Single piece cranks I pressume? or is it the bottom bracket 'cover' that won't thread in?

3 piece crank with cotter pins, loose balled set up, there was a little powder coat in the threads and the drive side one was tight as fuck to get out too

cup and chain guard mount:

img5799t.jpg

Can bend the mount that is on it to work with the NZ spec guard, will just have to drill another hole in the top of it like the English ones.

Thanks guys!

Just waiting on some white cabling for it now and I think I am going to have to track down a straight crank arm as this one has a slight bend and is very close to hitting the chain guard.

Also really need a stand to fit it.

Al the seat was done by Nomac upholsterers here in Gis (I painted the frame and adapted it to fit the modern post), only cost $60 to do too!