Jases trike build (FN WEirdo)

Jase

so i've been wanting a trike to play with for a fair while and after collecting some shit i've started to play,

dscn0011d.jpg

at the mo using a mx frontend for dummy duties, a audi lsd auto transaxle and a ecotec for dummy purposes, want to run a surf hubs and possibly a torsion bar set for the rear suss

dscn0012y.jpg

hit me with your ideas, proportion is key in my mind

Hey jase, You seem like the appropriate Holden V6 weirdo to ask.

Wouldnt happen to have a bare block floating about?

I have a fucked engine if you need a block. I think the block itself is still in good condition

I'm guessing you're fussed on its condition though?

cool project man!

You should def run an audi engine rather than an ecotec. Love the trans. LSD might make steering a tad difficult in some situations? So much tire out back compared to up front. You should solid mount the trans and engine and use them as stressed frame members.

Please run a fairly narrow track at the back with really fat wheels.

t3-r3-trike-price-new-specs-and-release-date_2.jpg

Loose the Holden V6 (allthough its a seriuosly kool enjun) and use a subaru engine and box or aircooled VW enjun.

Fuck no! Every other trike you see has a vw engine in it and they just look silly. 302w for the win!

I agree!

What have you got that easily bolts to that gearbox?

:bounce:

having the motor between your legs is way better looking than having a VW lump behind you- having an empty hole infront of you looks stupid.

You should just use the motor X forks.

i'll work with this shit for now as then i don't have to scrap anything i have or buy more shit,

carlos will build me a 6" bell and spacer to sling the v6 to the auto audi trans then its onto finding a wishbone rear end with alloy arms to complete that end (soarer poss),

kind of want a bobber style so steeper fork angle than above with a little tyre stretch thrown in.

haven't had a play with the new tube notcher yet but will do soon.

hopefully Allan hopefully...

trikes are a love hate thing with everyone,

I want to see if one can be built hot rod/bobber style to look good,

vw ones remind me of a baboon's ass (theres too much junk out back),

the v6 isn't too wide to straddle either and its still small enough and light enough to not over balance the front end.