Tru Test/ballbuster minibike

UTERUS

I have a lead on one also : may be able to borrow for "next time" 6hp briggs

I would do funny things to you If you let me buy it :wink:

Wow you can build these things to make 20 hp??

That would be all sorts of suicide

I hope you plan on running it on meth

Yea man, dudes in the states get super excited about these engines, everything you can think of is available off the shelf to get 20+HP on gas, nuts.

Just a casual update, CDL the dreamboat donated some tube for the exhaust so I half made that, fitted the new jet and air filter etc. Shit It goes heaps better, looking forward to what another 8 degrees of timing will do tomorrow.

Maybe even pictures?!? not likely.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mashed new valve springs and adjusted up some more timing, but it doesn't seem to go as well as I expected.

Hopefully It's just that the carb is full of shit, or something equally as easy.

However, even with the new muffler on, it spits casual flames on decel which prob looks neat at night. I tried to video this but camera phone wasn't keen.

^prob not a bad idea tbh

So atm it now has the STAGE 1 HOP UP KIT MOTHERTRUCKER.

Accelerates hard to when it runs out of cam, I'd be happy with more revs/speed but the clutch/chain looks like it's trying to jump off and attack my leg as is. I'll GPS this tomorrow.

Made a new exhaust with a new briggs muffler, it's pretty loud and sweet now, and does casual backfires which prob look cooler at night.

Ahh so more stuff to do;

Make a new fuel tank

Find a carb from a gx390 or bore out the stock one to see if it goes faster/slower

Burnout challenge in retort to grunta

Advance timing some more?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Re installed stock valve springs.

Removed air filtererer.

Installed flange into exhaust to swap between muff and no muff.

Replaced dodgy chinese plug with NGK R somethingarather.

Replaced poo grips with squishy OURY ones.

Goes heaps good, could do with more flamey backfires, not sure how to make that happen.

edit: fuck I forgot pics

458644_10150804630950856_652010855_11950020_926887663_o.jpg

470383_10150804637715856_652010855_11950036_2048959717_o.jpg

more edit: got some av gas yesterday, because really, who turns up to a race without race gas?!

I'll prob also need it for the higher compression :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Mashed on the higher compression head, inserted race gas and thrashed the tits off it all day with 0 problems.

Win a race during the day, then take it out at night through the bush with brock-lee riding my bum. Also went for a cruise down the road with red baron and mark up, gosh I have a boner still.

• 3 weeks later...

As handy as the turf/turd tyres are for investigating some muddy trails with Dave, it was time for an upgrade.

I got some old go kart slicks which took me way too long to fit to the rims, but they are quite sticky and I don't feel like I'm going to die as much now.

Also got a jet drill set and drilled the jet way too big, so it barely idles but seems to have enough fuel at high revs now, drained half a tank after a few laps of onekawa super stage so it's crazy thirsty now.

I prob should have been clearer at nats, but Ned kindly gave me a GX160 head which upped to compression from around 8.5:1 to 10:1, also chucked the heavier valve springs back in.

xoxo bubblegoose/rocko/mooooon/ned/av gas/J5 and anyone who had a lol riding it.

Pics maybe tomorrow!