Tru Test/ballbuster minibike

UTERUS

Fuck it, it can have it's own thread for surviving hawkes boes.

1970something Tru Test, repowered very badly with a Honda GX200 copy, 6.5hp of death.

IMG_20111021_125545.jpg

Stephen kindly picked it up for me, did casual coupe cartel skids etc, said it accelerated fairly sweet until the fun governor made itself known.

CDL and Lee grabbed it from bucklame one night xoxoxoxo, so I took it to work to see what can be done with it.

Rode it up and down the road at a fucking boring pace, made heaps better by jamming my foot in the governor to bypass that faggotry, it was then I had a brainwave!

Asshole the governor!

It was done in a rush last thursday night so it aint pretty.

IMG_20111021_125840.jpg

IMG_20111021_125822.jpg

I also replaced the seized wheel bearings, and the inner tubes for the funky 90 degree valve stz so I could blow it up like the world trade.

High speed runs around onekawa industrial proved successful, only mild problem is the total loss oil system which I cbf looking at yet.

Everyone who rode it at Hawkes Boes knows how lol spec this thing is, capable of long sketchy burnouts or somehow getting traction and forcing you into an impromptu superman provided several hearty lols.

Ned took it for a hoon and GPS said he busted out 58Km/h, ridiculous.

So, the immediate plan is as follows;

1) more power

2) skids

3) bbq everyday

Smoke some with your dog.

• Like 2

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, so more power. I ordered some parts last week from these crazy cats.

Namely, the stage 1 hop up kit, which consists of;

HOP%20160%201.jpg

Race/Open Air Filter & Adapter

Choke Bracket

Correct Jet for application

Rev Kit w/18 lb Springs

8 degree Timing Key

Small Fan

Valve Cover Gasket

Approx 9.0 hp for 6.5s and GX200s

Awesome.

edit: as below, could probably do with 100% more brakes.

when i was 12 ish i worked at local workshop, one of the local louts had one of these, with a 9hp briggs- hed hoon into the shop, do a burnout inside and bugger off again before the boss could figure out what was happening. Humorous. have always wanted one since

Box of stz from the states arrived today, which Is quite handy, because I could hear valve bounce at high rpm, and I'm not quite as scared to ride this thing anymore.

Pulled brake caliper apart, fuck It's so shit, hate hate hate. Got creative with 80 grit on the sprocket and It kinda works If you are wearing steel caps. More keen for drum rear.

Also, piece of shit carb Is being all shitpiece spec and now It won't idle more longer and 5 seconds, but I can give it a yank for another 5 second idle. wat? Oh and the float valve doesn't really work that well so it dribbles out and flooods itself if you forget to turn the fuel off.

More pictureless updates to follow of an exploded engine/legs.

xoxo,

your pal sparky.