J-Calico

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see your using a vvti motor,

what box are you running, W55/58?

Would be keen to yarn to you about the coversion, will most likely encounter the same

issues/ things needing to be done, as im doing a similar swap into an X61. (vvti 1JZ-GE/Wseries)

Thats not the factory exhaust manifold is it? or has photo just lit it up making it look aftermarket?

The stock one is pretty sweet for an OEM item though.

I see your using a vvti motor,

what box are you running, W55/58?

Would be keen to yarn to you about the coversion, will most likely encounter the same

issues/ things needing to be done, as im doing a similar swap into an X61. (vvti 1JZ-GE/Wseries)

Thats not the factory exhaust manifold is it? or has photo just lit it up making it look aftermarket?

The stock one is pretty sweet for an OEM item though.

Car was a factory MX31 so maybe a little different to the G series. Only had to do custom engine mounts which are being changed. Other than that every thing lined up mint. Box bolted in and had heaps of space around the headers for the steering box. Due to cash and getting the datsun this has not progressed much further :( but the datto gets a good work out as my daily.

I was lucky enough to get every thing off the one guy so he done the ring gear and had a brand new fliwheel, clutch etc. So all up the engine, box, fliwheel, bellhousing, clutch etc cost me $1300. box is a W55. I just want to drive it. My cefiro lives next to it which I have owned since 04.

• 1 year later...

I live in ChCh Ky so no doubt it will make its way south. Will be aiming for ITBs on the 1jz which Pies wanted also. Its such a nice feeling talking to some one about the repairs needed and getting a date for which they will start. Plans are not to paint and leave it a little rough but have a sweet sounding engine. Datsun will be up for sale when this starts to really take off.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That photo always cracks me up and you did a pretty good job for teaching your self.  Shame you guys didnt cover the seats as now they are full of burn holes haha.  Kayne prices each repair with prep and products used which is prefect for tracking what is being spent.  He is giving me a very good deal and has other work to do so my car can chill while I save money.