1963 Morris Mini Discussion

Logo

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh. I just looked at those pictures I sent. Looks like mine currently has slightly different front springs but I will be fitting my new ones soon. The issue I think youre having is you are using the wrong holes for the springs. Also, one end of the spring has a funny hook to fix it in.

The easist way to fit the shoes and springs is to fit the shoes and springs all together off the car and then hook the whole assembly over the hub. You place the rear of each shoe in the grooves on the rear of the cylinders and then pull each front end of the shoe into the cylinder piston groove.

Hopefully that makes sence.

Nick

Yeah the shoe sits loose in the grooves as i thought it might be either the springs or the wrong holes but from your pictures i'm pretty sure i had them right even adjusting the brakes it came up sitting loose. If you put the new springs in would you be able to show me a position of where they fit in the holes?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I have those new one ended spring ones and i put them the same as you have there but my drum cover won't fit on...it goes on a bit but gets stuck and doesn't line up with the wheel nut threads any ideas whats wrong? it has the same shaped shoes as it had the last time and the cylinders are the same size

Also not much has been happening with the car recently started up the otherday rather loud and dirty might need a new airfilter box since the otherone doesn't actually fit on....few areas of rust have been cut out and welded which will have some pics up on the build when i get around to taking them off my camera

• 3 weeks later...

Ha yeah rust needs a bit of loving just need somewhere to put it as i deal to the underside...bit hard having it sit pretty much near the road and no shelter...

I did own a 1970 Morris 1800 MkII was pretty much a mansion inside compared to sitting in a mini >.<