1963 Morris Mini Discussion

Logo

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet ride, should tidy up nice with a bit of welding and painting. Good motor too.

Whats with it being a 63, but having internal door hinges? Had a re-shell at some stage?

Yeah was looking at that i know the doors have been changed the Wings have a fair bit of plaster under the paint. Going to sand it back anyway might be able to see if any holes were filled but its possible it was reshelled :? Also thinking of keeping the dark green maybe leaving the front a bit lighter green as it is now but not quite decided

Looking good man. Great to have another Mini on here! Check out my build thread if you want to see what rust is really like. Just be warned that once you start digging you won't stop! Look like its def had a reshell into a later body, will make life easier finding parts anywho.

I've just bought a new 25D dizzy from www.simonbbc.com. Lots pretty fancy and should have it fitted in a few weeks so will let you know how it goes. Cost $140NZ all up shipped in a week.

Nick

went and fitted a battery up one 530cca...maybe to much...would last longer and all but would it hurt the car in anyway? people from Supercheap were certain nothing would happen

http://www.autobatteries.com/basics/selecting.asp

from reading that I kinda feel like it would be fine...further away from the car etc more resistance and its in a somewhat cooler environment then the engine bay

Well went and tried to start it again cleaning the plugs etc hooked battery up and tried to start it....but...as there is always a but...she doesn't want to start not even spark at the plugs so its either the cap, rotor or earthing in the dizzy somewhere

think i know whats going on....tried to see if the coil-dizzy lead got any spark from the coil which it didn't....so time to replace the leads! $45 to import some performance ones for the car from the UK or go to supercheap spend 80+ on them... decisions decisions

Will come over monday with a multimeter and see where power is getting to. I have more than a feeling that every man and his apprentice, has had a go at the wiring, hence the non functional column switches, loose wires in the engine bay, and the rangi extensions i pointed out the other day

Pretty sure i have a complete dizzy and leads from an a series here too

Its a mini, has less wires than a toaster :lol: