Seedy Al

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Chur.

Also, i swapped the springs from side to side and it looks like the springs are different spring rates as the "jacked up-ness" moved with the spring.

Both are marked 250lb and both are Eibach.

Is there anywhere in Wellington where i can have them tested/fixed/evened out?

Hello Richie, you will most definitely have to take this for a dort/huun/skid when you are in closer proximity to it. If only there were some sort of even in the next few months that we will be both attending.... :)

And VG.

Should be all g. Guess we'll see what the local cert guy thinks. I ran it buy Cletus and he seemed to think as long as it was done tidily it should be all g and linked me to mikeys thread hah. But i guess it will be at the discrepancy of the cert guy i use.

The plate that sits under them fits snugly in the strut tower. So it has max contact in there. I cant see that remotely be able to push through. Has a big contact patch. And the area around the edges of strut tower is triple layered sheet metal. Strongest part of tower.

They are specifically made for the 240z and are one of the better ones out there. Heaps of people have used them in road and race cars with no issues.

Also, Mikey has done it front and rear and had it certed. So it seems to be legit.

I have based my whole suspension build off mikey's one. Direct copy on everything, except i don't have adjustable camber plates in the rear.

One thing though, if anyone has had any experience, which i don't see as being a danger but may be pulled up at cert is that the threaded sleeves (which again the kit is for a 240z) are not a super snug fit around the struts. You can wiggle them very slightly when there is no load on the springs. If there is pre-tension or any sort of load you can't wiggle them. Like 0.5mm play. Will this give grief come cert? Should i make a super thin shim to make them a tight fit? I think even powder-coating the struts will give it enough to make it snug. Or is this something i shouldn't worry about (I've never made coilovers before). These are ally sleeves that sit on a perch so they are not welded to the strut (obviously).

I have not painted my struts yet so the cert man can have a good view of the welds.

But yea, needs a wheel alignment. But even without one, it handles super lush, and is not bumpy or skittery at all. Super stoked with the setup. Rides like a champ.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...