mikey

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Type R Wats only go up to 9.5" wide in 16" Diameter

True that. I forgot.

In which case, I should probably just forget about it and chill out. You may be interested in this fucken rad. That's like $2300 WITH tires.

Fuck.

Just fuck.

I knnnnnnow!

I havent read it properly but do you have g nose bits to go with?

Nah, I'm still on the fence bout the g-nose. I'm more air-dam with brake ducts at this point.

I admire you greatly

If only my wife saw it the same way....

I just thought I'd look through a G-Works I have here and there's a 110 with 9.0 fronts and 9.5 rears. It's fucking boss. I wish I had money to buy those wheels, but then to have to paint them again is a bit extreme, I think I'm best to either buy new exactly the size and colour I'm after or to hold out for the right set of pairs, second-hand. (good to see what a 225/50R16 looks like on the 9.5 though, I'd get a full set of them all round or 235/45R16 if I can find some) Enough of my crap though.

Amping to see your wheels on the car.

this has inspired me to want to slam my z more

You have a Z?! Show it to me!

Tiny update tonight, I finished dressing up the third strut tower. Damn I'm sick of doing those. One more to go....

th_photo2-4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
What manner of front lip did you have in mind? Full width dam or little lip/spook type?

I'm leaning towards one like this but I've not been able to find one for sale quite like it. With the air ducts and the pointy outey splittery bits.

modp_1012_01_o+1974_nissan_fairlady_z+front_view.jpg

Maybe it's too fancy anyhow.

But I've been so busy thinking about wheels and stuff that I've not really decided.

I'm not much of a fan or the little BRE ones:

bre2_bodypart_240zairdam_lgt.jpg

Awesome, always had a soft mushy part for these. Sick, just sick....
Looking good dude, I have all ways loved the shape of these things.

Thanks guys, I'm pretty stoked with how it came out. I still need to find some rubber welting to run along the flares. Para rubber didn't really have anything.

Can we get waxoyl in NZ? Thats what I would spry down inside the arches.

Its looking good- in fact its looking fucking hot!.. but you must stop posting pictures from now on because I too am getting Z envy and may well just have to win lotto and then buy that 260 I have been resurrecting....

Can we get waxoyl in NZ? Thats what I would spry down inside the arches.

Just looked into Waxoyl, it sounds perfect. I'll try and hunt some down.

Its looking good- in fact its looking fucking hot!.. but you must stop posting pictures from now on because I too am getting Z envy and may well just have to win lotto and then buy that 260 I have been resurrecting....
I think you've won at NZ Z cars. That is all.

Thanks guys! I'm pretty stoked with how it's looking too! But I don't think I'll be uploading more photos for a while. I just want to enjoy it for a bit and spend some time out of the shed.

I am a bit worried I'm gonna have to raise the rear flares a couple of inches to get full suspension travel. Which is pretty much like doing them all over again... Stink hole. No rush thou.

• 1 month later...
Hope you wedged the chain :)

Yep, although, I can't be 100% sure it's not slipped on the bottom gear. I dont have any reason to think it has but who bloody knows.

Do you need a headbolt? I've got a bunch of second hand spare ones.

Yes! I almost certainly need some, some of them are looking rough. I'll send you a PM once I know what I need.