77Magnum13hundy's 4age+t Magnum discussion

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

Annual update, building a fuel shell to house the surge tank and lift / main pump in the boot using an old mortar shell box.

Also what would be good option to make LSD happen in this?

And yes I have a spare diff to weld, does anyone make anything that would fit into this housing or should i go shortened hilux type deal..

Keeping in mind the custom widened wheels, the 4x4" stud pattern, and just generally the least amount of fucking around involved.

Been pretty down in the dumps lately so mojo and overall production takes a seat while i sort life out...

• Like 1

• 7 years later...

Be careful when sandblasting. Sand contains a lot of silica which will fuck your lungs. A dust mask won't cut it for sandblasting like you are doing. You really need to wear a respirator probably of the correct grade. You can get dust masks to filter silica but they are really for dealing with low level amounts.

• Thanks 1

Oh thanks for that, I was using a painting mask Norton branded which should be suitable?

I do use a normal Fibre mask for grinding smut as black boogers accumulate...but yeh I can see a lot of airborne dust hovering after I've done a bit and wait for compressor to build up again. 

20240225_201446.jpg

20240225_201800.jpg

It’s the real fine dust that is harmful. The dust you see hanging in the air or the dust you can’t see. The filter will tell you if it is suitable for silica. That one doesn’t mention it so it would be best to get the correct filter. Google Silica dust health problems. 

• Like 1

Yeh any areas I'm able to get at are being dealt to with strip disc on grinder and wire wheel, the hard to get to areas as in pics are getting blasted. Have a heat gun and scraper and a butane torch to help get shmuts off as it clogs strip disc on the thicker areas of tar or underseal. Not in a big rush so sections only will soon have it sorted. To prevent rust im coating with crc weld thru zinc paint.

• Like 1

On 27/02/2024 at 16:34, Tiger Tamer said:

I was told underseal can contain asbestos

'Oh yay' half of oldschool proclaim as we roll our eyes. I didn't need to know that. Looks back to all those fun days wiring brushing off old dry underseal :doubt:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The more I read these info snippets, the more I realise that I must be close to death already. Bogging, sanding, painting, grinding alloy , galvanic poisoning about 20 times.  Yup way to look after myself.

she’ll be right *sigh* 

• Like 2