grunta

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Just had a great week/weekend for doing car work (the mrs was on call so was in garage at every opp) New rear brake lines check, new tranz mount check, A piller rust check, just need to weld a piece into tail gate and paint and its wof time!!! aslo got a factory heater switch last week so must be time to mount heater unit too! c ya all at Wag nats!

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

have been busy lately on wag , leaded up leaky radiator . alternator packed in so rebuilt it , was full of oil when i got it apart and turns out its the catch can for breather/ alternator fan sucks all oil vapor threw. didnt want this to happen again and also didnt want to fuck with the look of oil cap so here is what i did

IMG_14011.jpg

IMG_14031.jpg

IMG_14071.jpg

IMG_14081.jpg

IMG_14091.jpg

will put brass 3/8 bap - 1/2 " hose tail in and make a catch can out of a stainless drink bottle i have laying around at work

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

Just dropped off some Vg steels to Halcrow engineering for 2" bands WooHOo!

Also have uncovered some butchery, there is a false floor barely tacked and mostly gooed in over the origional floor pan which going to be replaced, seems weird someone would go to all the effort to fix it/ cover it up like that when fixing it properly wouldn't have taken alot more effort!

also some fun time rust in sill left side and inside a piller . Pics to come

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Recently I've rebuilt my steering box , had a "bolt in replacement" but the bolt holes were 1/2 " futher apart so must have been out or a different model. Anyway took out the internals from the not fucked new 1 and put them in origional housing with some new needle roller bearings and a seal... yae the sector shaft now dosn't move laterally 3 mm :) 

Now for sill rust , just 1 side , went on discovery adventure with angle grinder

1mm skim coat of bog dust through out garage 

Where they brazed on the Wagon to a sedan body

1497455_10153331563851746_26507342832793

1557659_10153331564001746_33481627057017

can see old repairs stitched in front half of sill , hence all the bog

The inside of the bottom of the A piller is also rusty , hopefully can replace it when i have the sill off...

Floor pan still to come - turns out false floor (galv sheet metal) tacked in with pigeon shit over top of origional floor was a dumb idea from previous owner...

not looking forward to what i find under it

also need to figure out a good way to get the worlds supply of underseal off the underside... im thinking Liquid Nitrogen??

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Picked up wheels from sand blaster today, so many runs to sand out of primer they put on...and a nice metalic something over spary all over all of them... but happy nonetheless

IMG_23491.jpg

here we have 6" hq rims x2 8" hq rims x 4 and 7" val rims 

IMG_23511.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 months later...