MRT1TRD's 1963 Datsun Bluebird P312

MRT1TRD

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

It was quiet at the workshop today and I had Tax to do so I procrastinated with some work on the Bluebird, so first was to put some more underseal on the floors as it cracked up in a couple of areas then it was on to fitting a new fuel line, hose, and filter then got onto refitting accelerator and cable and the last couple of wires. then after dinner and a few beers later it was ready so couple of liters in the tank, prime the fuel pump and a slight turn of the hand it was running as smothe as a good funk track after 5 years sitting.

This was a milestone to motorvate me to get it on the road tho there is alot to do but I think its about time

• 8 months later...

So  I Finally found a windscreen after many years of dead ends I was put onto a GC at Bespoke auto Glass. So if anyone is stuck finding glass for a Rare classic car go see him, he is also the guy to speek to if you want your glass refitted but he only does old cars.

Free Plug

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So after a mad rush to finnish building my car trailer we headed away this weekend to purchase my new datsun bluebird. after many kms and a few stops we finally got to Wairoa at 4pm sat. As per usual it was alot worse off than was suggested on trademe but there was also a few gems left on it that can help the other return to the road. anyway the farmer was a good sort helped to drag it on to the trailer (15years of storage left it with flat tyres and a siezed brake drum on the rear). He aslo offered us his pig who was quite fond of my partner. But since we live in Birkenhead we might get removed from the neighbourhood having a pet pig.

We carryed on to Napier for some overpriced gas and a great night sleep at 'The Country Hotel' (5* recomended) 

20140831_085655_zps4cb6f0ae.jpg

After a nice brekky my partner said that I was allowed to buy if we can take more breaks like this (sweeeet)

Full credit to the Maxi with 486000kms on the clock she still towed like a boss and only used 3/4 of a full 65L tank from Napier to Auckland with a car in tow.

• Like 3

Well since brakes were still siezed I had to tie it to the greenhouse and drive off with the trailer to get it off but that worked a treat.

I have since removed an old rats nest from the back seat with the usual amount of shi

Question for the people name this badge (centre onewith datsun script) I have seen it before but dont know whats it

from.

SDC10994_zps1a8be3ec.jpg

Also I found that it has a Air ranger transistor radio with original speaker. I can only find little info on these so as far as I know they came on early nz built holdens but can anyone share more light to the matter? aslo are they worth anything to a collector?

SDC10995_zpsaef4bd59.jpg

Discuss here

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/29454-mrt1trds-1963-datsun-bluebird-p312/?hl=mrt1trd

Checking out the engine on the spare it looks like it must of been very low kms when the head gasket blew back in '93 and it got left in a barn because the cylinder bores tho they have surface rust they have no lip on the bores and the measure the factory 73mm so I could hone them out and fit a set of nos pistons I have lying arround unless someone want a set of std size flat top pistons for there A12 or A10 (they used the same pistons only the a A series had dish top instead of flat)

SDC10996_zps3096eb11.jpg

Yes that is rat poo's

Anyway I was happy as a lady in a chocolate store with a half price sale today, Jeremy Tagg from Bespoke auto glass came round with some new seals to fit my new windscreen so my car now looks like a car again.

SDC10997_zps7d2a85db.jpg

SDC10998_zpsb2a87136.jpg

SDC10999_zpse25cf174.jpg

Only sad thing about it was it was not easy to get original seal which would suit the chrome so I have to settle with no chrome trim