twosmoke

Yea dangerous at the track, theres quite a few aussies that run it in modified turbo cars, google it

Would rather run methanol anyday, but that gets expensive fast

Also in a thirsty car (ie my LPG work falcon) the cost savings don't add up that well

I have a pushbike, costs me about $5 a week to maintain,

rolls me 10km to work everyday and down to the shops if need be.

It means i'll never have to look at alternative fuels in the near future.

The money i save in riding this means motocross and weekend roadies are still all entirely feasible.

Personally i couldn't recommend it more,

Oh yeah and main fuel would be tapwater

Dude at work used to run his (making this number up because I dont know exact figure and KK will know and correct me) 489hp rover on dedicated LPG and he found it sweet for his 12:1 406ci chev. Only reason he swapped to petrol is because as others have said it isnt MANZ approved and also it was hard to find gas stations that supply (was a few years ago)

LPG is octane rating of ~110 but you need to burn a lot more to make the same power

yeah might as well keep what you have make sure its got a good tune,correct tire pressures and is fit for purpose

ie racecar in the shed,

daily or pushie for running around.

lpg setup costs negate any real benefits that you would have gained spending the same money on engine work,

ie 10g on lpg won't give you the same benifits as 10g on engine work

please don't insult mike-e he is the man ^

Fellah i know/chat to online converted his Subaru EA81 (1800cc) to run on LPG then supercharged it. Apparently it went quite well and was decent on gas until he blew a hole in a piston trying to get some more power again...due to being inexperienced at tuning it.

The next motor he put in was a EJ22 (2200cc) where the higher displacement made up for the lack of a blower. From what i heard, supercharging the 1800 was a piece of cake and made the same power as the 2200 despite being 20 years older and 8v pushrod compared to 16v dohc.

So yeah, performance LPG sounds simple enough - just too many downsides for most people to do it.

Meth is way lusher but you have to burn way more than LPG stoich is ~6:1 so pretty much double compared to petrol. But it offers increased thermal efficiency and has a octane rating of ~114. Meth for president.

And there is no way LPG costs half as much to run! it costs half as much to buy thats for sure. But my shitty ute gets around 18l/100km, I'm sure its petrol equivalent would get much better mileage