Behold.....loooooongbike - and now shit gets fat

ThePog

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have made that first brace hit the top tube for extra stiffness, strength and the gangster triple triangle.

Not a great fan of that look TBH but I did consider it. If it needs it I will probably put another horizontal bar in where the bracing hits the uptube. it appears more rigid than schoolboy with a stickmag as it is but I guess the upright might bend coming down from big air.

Hahaha Sweet! Whats your plans for her

The question should be "what are the things I cannot achieve with this bitch" and the answer would be "nothing".

Just think how much beer, building product, engine parts, chicks, vegetation, camping gear etc can be transported on this thing......the opportunities are literally endless.

So I just went for the inaugural Longbike ride just now, was pretty sweet actually. It only had front brakes and one gear but that will be sorted soon... it did have brand new T7 MTB slicks that cost $17 each - win.

Handling was interesting but not too far from acceptable, it could probably use some extra steering rake as you cant ride no hands - certain death would be the result of following through such experiments.

Stripped all the paint off it today as well, probably just going to let it develop sweet rust.

Probably going to chuck a postie bike 5 speed rear hub onto it, can get a full wheel and shifter for $355 brand spankers.

IMAG0217.jpg

Boom muthafucks

needs some sweet meshy top on it, and strop hooks. hah.

This will be achieved today.

If any peeps have one of those sweet old aluminium mudguards I want them, also a sprung leather saddle of some variety. Will pay money probably.

Was just about to ask re gearing, would a sturmy be the go, but postie 5 speed would be sweet.

Is out of the box cable length likely to be an issue for shifter positioning? - in saying that - how to the postie bikes shift gears? aren't they a throttle/grip selector?

Is out of the box cable length likely to be an issue for shifter positioning? - in saying that - how to the postie bikes shift gears? aren't they a throttle/grip selector?

You can always join the cables, but I think there might be enough excess on replacement cables to cope maybe.

I bailed up the postman yesterday and checked out his bike, it looks like a standard cable going to a twist grip shifter. It will never be a performance machine so a huge range isnt an issue, therefore postie hub would be perfect. I don't like derailleurs much anyway.