OSM Garage

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

does it squeel all the time or just after releasing the pedal going forward again/no pressue on them? Both sides? If rotors are now new then sweet... Pad/rotor combo... what brand pads? REMSA is ok-ish brand with not totally hard compounds in them. Anti-squeel shims required in some cases... you probly know all that tho congrats on the cert!

Squeals pretty much every brake application unless I'm really soft or sometimes really hard, after fitting the new pads and rotors it squealed on the first application of the brakes when I stopped at the end of my driveway. Rotors I think came from Partmaster, pads are Lucas ones from Repco I'm not running any anti squeal shims as the pads have a rubber backing pad on them and I didn't get the shims with the calipers I don't think.

• 4 weeks later...

on the brake pad front, we sell the little bottle of stuff thats meant to stop brake pad sqeaking at supercheap, can probably get it at repco too.

i dont know how well it works, but its cheap, and could be worth a shot if youve got everything else sorted properly.

• 2 months later...