Alex's 1968 'oldman special' HB Viva discussion....

yoeddynz

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey cheeky fucker :-) You're obviously not a child of the 70s. Cheviot Turbos are the bread and butter of the Kiwi wheel world.

But anyway.. I have swapped the steels back on and it does look better. I measured the width between them and the tyres on the turbos bulged out an extra 15mm which was enough to just rub in hard corning at the back on the lowered Viva. It wont be an issue on the wagon plus I might roll the arches on the back.

Yeah Mof- I agree.. the Turbos suit the wagon well and like said earlier they sealed the sale of that wagon (given it was only $600.. a full set of Turbos with a rusty Viva wagon thrown in...)

• 7 months later...

Hot damn sexy bits :-) Cheers.  I like those runners. I remember snoozin, I think,  posting up a picture of Radisches touring car inlet manifold. Longer runners and carbon plenum/airbox. I need to do some more work on this car and have lots of little ideas floating about in my head. More things to tidy up the engine bay further and try to get rid of more stuff from in there. Its still too cluttered....

• 10 months later...

I was OK actually. Funny really because I used to always think I'd never sell this car and that if I did I'd be really sad. But its just a car, I have another and its gone to a good home. It would be worse if I knew it was going to a tit and was gonna end up getting trashed.

So now its all about the wagon. I must update that thread!

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice. New door aperture liner thingee (or what neal said). I's it the cloth type?

Damn I miss those seats. Been looking at some more in England for my wahon (never seen them come up for sale in nz) and they still ain't cheap. £400 for tidy ones like those. 

Next.

• 4 years later...