Poo-Man's 1981 Mitsubishi Sigma Turbo

needs some sweet rims asap.

IMO cars that are slammed/low on standard wheels just look like desprung bogan mobiles (or maybe its just mitsubishis lol). unless standard wheels are steels with hubcaps, then its ok.

but otherwise, super sweet. A++

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, new rims are on the cards. the diff that is coming from Japan via Hayatonka is 5 stud. So I need to upgrade the front to 5stud as well. Phil/Fuel has kindly loaned some 5stud front hubs and associated parts to do the conversion. And I will buy some as soon as I can.

So that leaves the choice of wheels..........

16 Starion wheels could be the go. Or 15 inch mesh.

1000438um3.jpg

or

tskimura2002-img600x450-1317368121eyheps94972.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hah hah, the wife. Yeah, I ran the purchase pass my wife........

The conditions of me getting the car are that I finish the landscaping at the back of the house before I start stripping the car. Fair enough.

Fingers crossed the landscaping doesnt take to long. Ive been working on planting and boxing at the moe. I should have it sorted in a month or so.

Richie/Snoozn, has kindly offered to help strip the beast. So if the weather is good, strip the car and sip beers in the new garden.

Sorry Damien, half the reason I got the car was for the mirrors.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

cheers mate I haven't actually seen pics of all the wheels together/individually like that - all the shiny ones are part of the SHP set, it's a shame the pair of non-SHP rims have the most dish but not the widest ones. Hoping to get another set or two from the states soon and sell them off to help pay for my SHPs (which ended up costing close to $2k landed).

had to LOL at the pic of the apron. Get any pics of the poor neglected VR-4?

Hey Phil, I am going to covert the hubs to normal studs. I am not comfortable with the mounting face of a mag wheel sitting on those circlips. You cool with that?

and heres a pic of the VR4 in tiptop shape.

IMAG0114.jpg

your mum told me how she has been taking it out for a run every once in a while. and telling me she never parks it anywhere other than in the shed. And the battery has gone flat once.

and I'll grab some new pads.

IMAG0121.jpg

yeah mate do what ya gotta do with those hubs, reality is you'll probably use them more than I will. I'll see if I can get some spare front hubs/calipers in with the wheels from the states. Pads are DB291, but you can use DB1141 and DB1111 pads in place which they often come in better compounds than the DB291. Rears are DB252 if you needed rears too.

yeah I think the VR-4 is due for a new battery at some stage, it must be just about had it with the number of times I've left it to sit and get a flat battery. I'm only just paranoid about it being parked in supermarket car parks getting dents or her works car park as she had a car stolen from there a few years back. My brother would look after it well just he doesn't have a garage for it and I don't want it sitting outside all the time. Maybe I should just sell it haha.

• 2 weeks later...

this makes me so happy to see! that stud setup is indeed weird, I wondered why some of the studs on one hub simply just fell out. If I find some hubs in the states you may as well just hang onto those ones.

When do you get your mesh rims? if you wanted some of those Starion rims permanently (they are 15" by the way), you probably saw I already have a set of them in the garage unused.

this makes me so happy to see! that stud setup is indeed weird, I wondered why some of the studs on one hub simply just fell out. If I find some hubs in the states you may as well just hang onto those ones.

When do you get your mesh rims? if you wanted some of those Starion rims permanently (they are 15" by the way), you probably saw I already have a set of them in the garage unused.

My Mesh wheels should be here any day now! Ewan/JapanPost say '40-60 days', its been 31 days. If you get another set of hubs from the States, I will be all 'Hell yeeeeah'!

And the offer of the Starion wheels could be good to fall back on if the Mesh wheels look dopey or are a mish to fit.

That looks fucking hot - leave it on those wheels or at most get em all herrafrush if anything.

Aww, shucks. Hellafush would look great but any lower or wider and it scrapes the zorst on the ground, and the 215s are hitting the gaurds coming into my driveway on a angle (should be easy fix with a gaurd roller/mallet). I will have to roll the guards for the SSRs anyway.

yeah those tyres are quite ballooney. Stock 5-stud flatbody is 205/60 R15 front and 215/60 R15 rear from memory. Yours should have 195/70 R14 factory which is a bit smaller in rolling diameter. Just a pity that those narrow body rims aren't any wider. Wonder how those 8" wide widebody rims would have fit - having the SHP front +18mm at the front and the non-SHP rear 0 offset in the rear. Surely one of the five width/offset combos will work all round haha. I only had three of the possible sizes/offsets.