Poo-Man's 1981 Mitsubishi Sigma Turbo

happy birthday, turning what 25? :P

$680 is pretty damn good when you see what you get with it, considering a small LSD diff will often go for $500-600 alone.

If you don't end up using any of the 5 stud stuff I will be keen, it will save me having to get the same as you've got in from somewhere (ie Japan/USA).

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

happy birthday, turning what 25? :P

$680 is pretty damn good when you see what you get with it, considering a small LSD diff will often go for $500-600 alone.

If you don't end up using any of the 5 stud stuff I will be keen, it will save me having to get the same as you've got in from somewhere (ie Japan/USA).

yeah that small LSD diff that went on Trademe for over $800 and the dude that won it was in Tansmania.

and i thought about getting a diff from USA, but thought the ones in japan will probably have lower kms on them. the Conquest stuff in the US might have done high k's on the open roads over there.

• 2 weeks later...

^ Well it definatley worked then.

I just popped home and put the soldered up unit back in. Its working fine now.

Fuel, is the fuseable link a standard part that Mitsi carry? or am I dreaming thinking I can get a new one?

• 3 months later...

Yeah, she gets along ok, as long as theres no corners involved (i hope I provided some entertainment for the spectators and other racers at Taupo). It still has the standard suspention. Not even cut springs.

I dont know what brand of tyres its running! (some rubbish)

the plan is to change the stud pattern on the front to 5 stud, when the LSD gets here, as the diff has 5 stud hubs on it. Then it will get some decent wheels and tyres.

There should be a set of coilovers on it soon!

• 1 month later...
(apart from the huge gap between your toes)

my toes are RAD. I love them. I dont wear shoes in the shed most of the time, because I can use my toes like fingers. If I drop something on the floor, I just pick it with my toes.

edit, pic of Rad toes:

IMG-20110924-00139-2.jpg

Primo. did SGS charge you $160?

they wanted to charge two hundred and something......... I was all 'nah mate its $150'

they were all 'we just put the price up'

aprarently they lose money at the moe if it is charged at $150.

I guess I got lucky and only had to pay $150 then GST = $172.50

(apart from the huge gap between your toes)

my toes are RAD. I love them. I dont wear shoes in the shed most of the time, because I can use my toes like fingers. If I drop something on the floor, I just pick it with my toes.

edit, pic of Rad toes:

IMG-20110924-00139-2.jpg

shit you nearly have opposable big toe

edit: :D