H8V8S CBR600 F2/F3 project

Bombsquad

So... I'm a dumbarse who cant hang onto money.

Have been wanting another road bike for awhile now and also looking to get into stunt riding. Was originally looking to only purchase one of these but the owner sold his house and offered me both, im not sure if i got them for a good price or not but can hopefully make something out of it.

Plan is fix up F2 (earlier model) for a legal road bike, and build the F3 (later model) into a stunter/burnout hack. Both bikes share a common frame and motor with the F3 getting newer plastics, better air intake, upgraded rear shock and a few other plus's.

As they sit now, one with pink tank is the F2 model

DSCN1890.jpg

Took 3 of us to lift it on the trailer, took me 2 mins to get it off again

DSCN1887.jpg

Atleast they came with a few spares

DSCN1889.jpg

So i set myself a goal of having it ridable within 24 hours...

Picked up these from a mate this morning for a fuckin good price

DSCN1892.jpg

Than did this

DSCN1893.jpg

Tried to get it running when I picked it up but failed so brought it on the hope that it was indeed a runner, removed tank and drained all the shitty stale gas out of the carbs (poured it on the garden and set fire to it :lol: )

With tank off

DSCN1895.jpg

And refited with clean fuel filters and new 96 gas, took a fair bit of winding over as it has a stupid vacume diaphram thing on the fuel tap and needed to build up pressure, but it fired up and sounds bad arse

DSCN1894.jpg

Took it for a little ride up the road but had no front brakes and no headlights so was sketchy as. And this is how it sits after 24 hours, noy bad really considering the previous owner had it sitting round for months

DSCN1896.jpg

Ewww spuzuki :x ill never have another one thats for sure, fuckin tempramental things with weak as shit frames.

Im aiming for this look, this thing was the insparation for me buying this model in the first place (I fuckin love it)

blackf3.jpg

todays mission was refit the front brakes, some retard had comitted the ultimate annoying sin and squeezed the lever without the front wheel wheel being in :x refitted brakes but will need to reblead them, but discovered the disk rotors are warped :doubt:

Will investigate further tomorrow.

Hoping to have this thing pretty much finished by then of the week so the rear work can start on the stunter :evil: frames going to get some serious cutting and welding so stay tuned for creativity

So.. somewhat run out of motavation to work on the f2 now its ridable, should just need front brake rotors then i might take it for a wof though.

Fuckin amping to start on the stunt bike build, trying to sus out the main parts reqd (namely new forks, rear wheel, brake lever, headers and radiator)

Got offered a sick set of 954 forks today but find any triple clamps to suit :x

Lazy update..

tidied up the garage and sorted out all the shitty fairings, mangaged to throw out a whole bunch of shit which was great, also helped in my decision on what dash to run on the f2 (trailtech vapour) and new inicators and headlight setup. Doing this will eliminate the need to find impossible fairings and dash parts etc.

Also decided while i was on the cleanup mission I decided id start stripping the track bike down for its rebuild,

Needless to say the front is lighly toasted, dont think theres a single salvagable part as even the tripple is twisted

DSCN1902.jpg

Damage to headers should buff out (required a grinder and chisel to remove them from the bike) :doubt:

DSCN1903.jpg

On the plus side ive found a set of headers off a 600 hornet which I think are exactly the same

Looking at the front tyre on this thing the previous owner was a suicide mission its amazing he didnt kill himself.

Will try and get this bike running before i get too carried away with it as id hate to get all ahead of myself and then find out the motors fucked. Doesnt seem to be any damage to mainframe or engine block though, not even scratchs on clutch covers, so hoping for the best.

So been fucking round with the the F3 today, decided Id try get it running before i spent any money on it. Got a new key cut for it the other day so decided id try fire it up.

The airbox wasnt sitting quite right and I figured out that sometime when it had its big stack they had been popped off their manifolds, took a fuckload of effort to get them back on but got that sussed.

Sprayed some engine start down the carbs and it fired first crank (with no radiator or exhaust)

Fuckin stoked it runs!! now to start the real build and the custom shit.

Pic of the top of the motor and carbs

DSCN1933.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So been muckin round with this thing for awhile now, my original plan was build the f3 into a stunter and use the f2 as a street bike, however after spending a shitload of time trying to get the f3 running and together im pretty much fucked off and over it, it needs too much shit right now and is just annoying me. So before i loose motavation ive decided to make the f2 into a road legal stunter and go all out on the f3 with a complete tear down and rebuild.

Plans for the f3 now...

CBR600RR Fuel injection setup

954 front end

Cut the rear subframe off (its bent anyway) and custom fab a whole new back end with RR tail piece and built in 12 bar.

I would like to say it would be that easy for you but I can only say maybe. The CBR ems will no doubt run sequential injection so it will have cam and crank angle sensors. So you need to find if these sensors can be rigged up on your engine. The CBR throttle bodies you will run have the TPS on them, The fuel pump it has wont be enough pressure. I can probably get you most of the bit for a good price but you will have to do some research into whats needed

Yeah i have not got a great deal of understanding of whats involved yet. I dont see why i would need a cam angle sensor (unless your meaning the rr ecu wont run without one), surely a tps would work on its own with the correct basic ecu, possibly cbr600 F4i?

If it all turns to shit ill just stick with the carbs, but it seems like im going this far i might aswell go the whole way

Because motorbikes are performance oriented machines injected sports bikes usually run coil on plug and sequential injection. These two systems need accurate timing information from the engine to fire the coils / injectors at the correct time

If you have time to learn some shit a microsquirt ( google it) will get you running sweet as. My cuz has a bike dyno you could tune it on one day if you went that way