H8V8S CBR600 F2/F3 project

Bombsquad

true, but the way im looking at it is the bike already has spark takin care of via the cdi setup and i dont wanna change that, so i was thinking seeing i have a tps aready couldnt i just wire it so that controls the injection and then set the jetting to run the same way as the vcarb does now, e.g more throttle = more gas.

The reason i want to go to injection has nothing to do with power, its the fact that when a carbied inline 4 gets past balance point in a wheelie the carbs flood and the motor stalls which isnt ideal when stunting.

I can lower the float levels to rectify this a bit but then it will run lean when level and revving hard, very basic injection ftw?

You could set-up basic injection with a mega squirt style ECU (micro squirt being a miniaturised version) all this needs to run in its most basic set-up is RPM, TPS (or map, afm etc) and some temp senders. Factory CBR ems will need more senders hooked up to work.

spence beat me! but to elaborate a little further

basic FI setup with a aftermarket ecu is a possibility but you will have issues if you try to run just the injection part of a standard later model ecu, as it could easily go into diagnostic mode if its not getting one of many input signals correctly -its spark confirmation signal for example. This would cause the ecu to richen the living shitballs out of your injector duty cycle as it may think somethings gone terribly wrong.

If you were going to run any FI setup your still going to need many additional sensors to what your bike currently has at the moment. As spencer says, you would definitely need crank angle/some sort of rpm sensor etc, but also a few other sensors to give correct outputs - water temp - air temp - manifold pressure, as the ecu needs to compensate for these differences to inject the correct amount of fuel

I see we are now all on the same page 8)

And yes bike currently has all these sensors available to use so this could well be a possibility with microsquirt injection. assuming rr throttle bodies have manifold pressure sensor.

Back on the topic of the f2, cut my fairings up today (a.k.a black bike on the first page)

Was a bit nervous at first as you kind of only get one shot, but i think it came out pretty sweet.

Tomorrows plan is to start building the cage, this could be interesting

So spent some money and did some shit today,

Started building the cage, which consists of bmx axle pages bolted to the front engine mounts :lol: Fuckin mean idea though cos it allows me to transfer from the seat to the tank and into barhops very easily, and will allow for some mad combo wheelies when i get the skills up

DSCN1984-1.jpg

Cage will extend back from this point to the rear engine mount, and link around the front of the lower fairing.

So as it sits now... Needs the upper frame and gass tank painted black ASAP!!

DSCN1979.jpg

Also spent ages fucking around with front wheel and brake combos, have upgraded to bigger f3 callipers and rotors, and found out my axle has a mean bend in it so swapped it out wiht another one.

update cos im bored and cbfd going out yet.

Ive been working on this thing pretty much every day (which is amazing cos i usully loose motavation fast lol) anyway did an epic mission friday night, setup and blead the front discs as riding with no front brakes is gay, flipped the factory clip on bars to give a far nicer riding position. Then today removed the centre stand and finished my custom carbon muffler.

Shes come along way from the collection of parts that arrived when i first got them

As it sits now

DSCN2005.jpg

New muffler

DSCN2006.jpg

Found out one of the fork seals is leaking :doubt: and despiratley needs a front fender to complete the look of it

So after my epic bail/fail i decided to start work on my cage, toyed with a few ideas but hopefully this will work out seeing i got carried away and the right sides pretty much finished.

The vertical brace is just tacked on cos I figured out I need to change it.

Few pics of the progress anyway

DSCN2009.jpg

DSCN2008.jpg

DSCN2007.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update, bike refused to run for about two weeks, drove me fucking mental!! changed everything I could think of to fix it, put different plugs in, then new CDI, checked fuel system and vacume lines, almost tore the bottom end apart to check pick up coil but thankfully got it going again with another set of new plugs and a different CDI.

Been riding the shit out of it lately though, currently trying to get clutch up wheelies dialed :?

and another new pic now its back together

DSCN2052.jpg

finished the tank dent, still needs work but itll do

DSCN2053.jpg