Danger's Rx4 Skid hack

danger

Right. Because I dont have enough unfinished projects I've decided to have a play with my rx4 sedan rolling body. Here's an idea of what I'm starting with.

p1030196c.jpg

At this stage it will not need to be legal and will just be a skid slut till I get more serious about turning it into a track car.

So basically, build spec is low, loud, fast and cheap and mongrel.

Will have either a 12a or 13b bridgey, most likely a 13b as I have already made an engine crossmember to suit. Probably just a S1 box for starters(wont last long) though I may play with an RX3 4speed if bellhousing works. RX4 locked diff.

Have just about everything I need to make it happen apart from alloy radiator, coils, electronic dizzy, whatever carb I choose, exhaust and leads etc

Just started doing a few panels today. Have to panel and paint an HQ which will be in my shed for a while so the actual shell will be the last thing to be done. As its just a hack I will probably just spray it primer grey or matte black so it doesnt matter if I hit a bank.

So... first things first....

Matte black, Primer grey or any other ideas? Will get the body pretty straight but the panels not a priority

Sill, bonnet, guard, door pillar chrome or not?

• Like 2

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Ha, 2 years since the above post I have once again dredged this thing up.

Started a discussion thread here //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/52292-dangers-rx4-discussion-fred/

Had some drama around this thing a while back. Some piece of shit stole the front bumper, grill, bonnet, valance, grill badge etc. I recovered all parts with the exception of the grill badge. Bonnet was far more rusted out by the time I recovered it but I will still be able to salvage it.

So its in my new work shop now and I've started work with the intention of at least getting it rust free and primed to make it more saleable or potentially complete it.

vw5viajp.c3u.jpg

Roof was badly beaten up. This afternoon I've straightened it out, removed and straightened the roof supports before welding them back in and shrinking the roof skin.

xfeodsdl.p54.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...