Hoffman Flash re-hash version 2.0

lowlancer

After the last fail, I've decided to strip this sucker down goooooood and proper and do it right.

Thus far have removed all individual components from one another. All bearings are in sweet nick (or sweet enough) and are individually stored away. Got new tyres on the way from torpedo7, new tubes in the garage and new brake system on the way from local bike shop.

Will be powder coating the frame and bars original acid green. Wheel bands will be straightened up and cleaned up.

Follow that sucker HERE

Yeah, i had a look at that. Pretty sweet stuff!

Also; you should have taken the chain off the bike pre painting haha.

Cheers man. Trying to keep it interesting, even though my life oft isn't.

Yeah, had no means to remove chain or crank and didn't want to get it done by someone else. However, just dropped it in and getting those removed so I can get it p-coated

This is going slowly. Have essentially stripped the frame completely of all paint. Crank and chain are off, will be replacing chain, but crank is okay so will be going back in, albeit regreased. Pretty keen on some new wheels, but have to be realistic about what I spend on this

Bit unsure as to what colour to go for. Having seen the moped that 10speed posted in burnt orange with black detailing, I'm tempted to opt for something similar. Thoughts?

dsc4786ne5.jpg

Also, are BMX headsets generic? That is, will any old set sit any forks/frame?

no - you can have threaded and threadless (both which are external) and also a more expensive internal type - most bikes over 15 years old will have threaded - and most bmx's less than 3 years old of decent quality will have internal headsets

very basic rules but you get the idea

post pic of your headset and frame, then I can give you a good idea