Seedy Al's Brown Crown

Goat

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 29/01/2017 at 20:38, k-trips said:

You aren't using a 6V coil by chance? It requires a ballast resistor if so.

The primary resistance in a 6V coil is 1.5ohms and a 12V is 3.0ohms (ballast resistors are normally 1.5ohms)

(I'm going from old memory so I could be wrong)

i bypassed the ballast on my wagon when i went to electronic ignition but didnt change the coil. hasnt blown up yet. I heard it would give a fatter spark at the expense of coil life

2 minutes ago, kicker said:

I know dem feels, have had two ignition failures for no identifiable reason. Current iteration invloves a custom piece of loom I can swap in quickly to get it running stock again

Seen this in action lol. Good back up plan!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I gained 1 psi.

so I guess thats something.

but not enough. there is something wrong internally. My guess would be the auxiliary shaft bearings, as these would pretty much be the only things I havn't replaced. 

So the big question I have been internalizing is what to do.

I have a few options.

1) Just sell the car and be done with it.

2) Pull motor out, strip it down and have a dead car while I sort out what the fuck is going on

3) Pull motor and swap over parts to the Meu that was in there before this motor went in, and then strip down 5m and figure out whats going on at a later date.

4) Push it to thje back of the workshop and start collectiong parts to try mount the 1kz I have sitting around, which would be more money I have right now to sort, as I would need to buy an auto gearbox and some way to control it, as motor is running a manualised pump.

So yeah. Yay for shit cars.

At this point I am very much tossing up between option 1 and option 3.

Drove 5min to the second hand shop, bought a bloodhound gang cd. Then proceeded to drive 80km round trip through whitemans valley. Went well besides the fact the jets are a tad big given this motor is 2l verse the 2.8

So it will fucking do. Just need to swap over bench seat and should be gravey

• Like 8